#1   Report Post  

Default PDF files to word

I have been searching for a program that will convert a pdf file back to an actual word document. All the ones listed on the net that I have tried send them back to me as a picture which I cannot alter.

The file I will need to alter to suit my needs. The sender does not know who created the file originally and has not been able to find a word document file on her computer, just the pdf.

Can anyone help.
  #2   Report Post  

I use ABBYY FineReader to do this. It's not perfect, but is an easy way to get the text out of a pdf.

Ultimately, most converters have difficulty with some aspects of a document, such as text boxes, fonts and numbering so - it may not be perfect.
  #3   Report Post  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Al View Post
I use ABBYY FineReader to do this. It's not perfect, but is an easy way to get the text out of a pdf.

Ultimately, most converters have difficulty with some aspects of a document, such as text boxes, fonts and numbering so - it may not be perfect.

Thanks but the document I need to change to word has lots of text and boxes. I downloaded the trial version which was restricted to 2 pages and it did not work very well and also had lots of spelling errors

Guess I will just have to keep looking
  #4   Report Post  
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi View Post
Thanks but the document I need to change to word has lots of text and boxes. I downloaded the trial version which was restricted to 2 pages and it did not work very well and also had lots of spelling errors

Guess I will just have to keep looking
Hi,
you should use the Kool converter to convert the PDF to a word document.
It includes the three steps.
It is a online service which send the converted file to your Email address.
To start the conversion go to the web address and then you will see three boxes.
In first box upload the file you want to convert.
In second box choose the desired file format.
In third box fill your Email address and hit the Start button.
After the conversion an notification Email will be sended to you with the link to the converted file.
  #5   Report Post  

I don't currently have an access point that can take advantage of either at the moment, so i can buy what ever best suits my needs.

#6   Report Post  
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi View Post
I have been searching for a program that will convert a pdf file back to an actual word document. All the ones listed on the net that I have tried send them back to me as a picture which I cannot alter.

The file I will need to alter to suit my needs. The sender does not know who created the file originally and has not been able to find a word document file on her computer, just the pdf.

Can anyone help.
there are lots of converter available free to convert word document to pdf find it on Google