Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bald Eagle 49 Bald Eagle 49 is offline

Default Vertical ruler stuck on 0cm

Today when I opened Word 2003 the vertical ruler was set at 0cm on "Print
Layout" view. I tried resetting the top margin, turning off/on the ruler in
Tools + restarting the PC -- still the same.
In "Print Preview" the margin is set correctly.

Thanks in advance for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bald Eagle 49" wrote in message
Today when I opened Word 2003 the vertical ruler was set at 0cm on "Print
Layout" view. I tried resetting the top margin, turning off/on the ruler
in
Tools + restarting the PC -- still the same.
In "Print Preview" the margin is set correctly.

Thanks in advance for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tom in Oakland Tom in Oakland is offline

I don't feel that the answer solved the problem for me. Problem: When in the
Print Layout mode the Vertical Ruler marker does not move or change when a
margin is set to any value. There is no blue and there is no movement of the
text. The horizontal ruler works fine.
--
fangman

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bald Eagle 49" wrote in message
Today when I opened Word 2003 the vertical ruler was set at 0cm on "Print
Layout" view. I tried resetting the top margin, turning off/on the ruler
in
Tools + restarting the PC -- still the same.
In "Print Preview" the margin is set correctly.

Thanks in advance for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I believe that you are mistaken.

If the white space is hidden, there will be no blue area, which represents
the top margin area, above the scale on the ruler.

Move your cursor to the top of the document until the mouse cursor changes
to two vertically opposed arrows and the prompt of "Show White Space"
appears and then click the left mouse button.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bald Eagle 49" wrote in message
Today when I opened Word 2003 the vertical ruler was set at 0cm on
"Print
Layout" view. I tried resetting the top margin, turning off/on the
ruler
in
Tools + restarting the PC -- still the same.
In "Print Preview" the margin is set correctly.

Thanks in advance for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bald Eagle 49" wrote in message
Today when I opened Word 2003 the vertical ruler was set at 0cm on
"Print
Layout" view. I tried resetting the top margin, turning off/on the
ruler
in
Tools + restarting the PC -- still the same.
In "Print Preview" the margin is set correctly.

Thanks in advance for your help

Lost vertical ruler [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 3 December 13th 06 09:42 PM
Vertical Ruler Disappears [email protected] New Users 1 July 10th 06 04:23 PM
Vertical Ruler? Jeff92 Microsoft Word Help 2 June 12th 06 06:17 AM
Vertical Ruler Lainie Page Layout 1 March 3rd 06 02:48 AM
Upgraded to Office 2003 ruler unit of measure stuck on character Jimmi B. Page Layout 2 May 6th 05 11:04 PM