Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Brooke Brooke is offline

Default Is there a legal pleading wizard for Word 2007?

Just getting back into the law and my new Word (2007) doesn't have a pleading
paper wizard or an easy way to auto-format pleadings. People must have
solved this ...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

No, Word 2007 doesn't have any wizards, but I'm told that the existing ones
from earlier versions will function at least as templates, even if the
UserForms don't work correctly.

http://word.mvps.org

"Brooke" wrote in message
Just getting back into the law and my new Word (2007) doesn't have a
pleading
paper wizard or an easy way to auto-format pleadings. People must have
solved this ...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you have access to a Word 2003 installation that has the Leading Pleading
wizard installed, take a copy of the Pleading Wizard.wiz and the
PLEADSUB.WIZ and copy both files to the Word 2007 user template folder.
Rename *only* the Pleading Wizard.wiz to Pleading Wizard.dot.

Create a new document from that latter template the Wizard appears to work
in 2007 pretty much as it did in 2003. It will even create a sub folder from
the Word 2007 user template folder called Legal Pleadings to contain the
templates the wizard creates. The commands from floating toolbar the Wizard
adds are available from the Add-ins ribbon tab.

"Brooke" wrote in message
Just getting back into the law and my new Word (2007) doesn't have a
pleading
paper wizard or an easy way to auto-format pleadings. People must
have solved this ...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Thanks for the follow-up, Graham. I figured there must be some way to get it
to work.

http://word.mvps.org

"Brooke" wrote in message
Just getting back into the law and my new Word (2007) doesn't have a
pleading
paper wizard or an easy way to auto-format pleadings. People must
have solved this ...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
chuck hunter chuck hunter is offline

Default how toget wizard legal when don't have word 2003?

I need to draft legal documents and word 2007 has no templates as I gather and I don't have access to word 2003 so as to create that wizard, etc...what to do pls?

OR, how do I 'force' pleadings format and then just keep them for the future, pls?

Graham Mayor wrote:

If you have access to a Word 2003 installation that has the Leading
29-Oct-09

If you have access to a Word 2003 installation that has the Leading Pleading
wizard installed, take a copy of the Pleading Wizard.wiz and the
PLEADSUB.WIZ and copy both files to the Word 2007 user template folder.
Rename *only* the Pleading Wizard.wiz to Pleading Wizard.dot.

Create a new document from that latter template the Wizard appears to work
in 2007 pretty much as it did in 2003. It will even create a sub folder from
the Word 2007 user template folder called Legal Pleadings to contain the
templates the wizard creates. The commands from floating toolbar the Wizard
adds are available from the Add-ins ribbon tab.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

On Wednesday, October 28, 2009 4:50 PM
Brooke wrote:

Is there a legal pleading wizard for Word 2007?
Just getting back into the law and my new Word (2007) does not have a pleading
paper wizard or an easy way to auto-format pleadings. People must have
solved this ...

On Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:46 PM
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

No, Word 2007 does not have any wizards, but I am told that the existing
No, Word 2007 does not have any wizards, but I am told that the existing ones
from earlier versions will function at least as templates, even if the
UserForms do not work correctly.

http://word.mvps.org

On Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:43 AM
Graham Mayor wrote:

If you have access to a Word 2003 installation that has the Leading
If you have access to a Word 2003 installation that has the Leading Pleading
wizard installed, take a copy of the Pleading Wizard.wiz and the
PLEADSUB.WIZ and copy both files to the Word 2007 user template folder.
Rename *only* the Pleading Wizard.wiz to Pleading Wizard.dot.

Create a new document from that latter template the Wizard appears to work
in 2007 pretty much as it did in 2003. It will even create a sub folder from
the Word 2007 user template folder called Legal Pleadings to contain the
templates the wizard creates. The commands from floating toolbar the Wizard
adds are available from the Add-ins ribbon tab.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

On Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:14 AM
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

Thanks for the follow-up, Graham.
Thanks for the follow-up, Graham. I figured there must be some way to get it
to work.

http://word.mvps.org

WPF Binding Beyond the Limitation of Name Scopes
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...nd-the-li.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Did you follow Graham's instructions?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

Thanks for the follow-up, Graham.
Thanks for the follow-up, Graham. I figured there must be some way to get
it
to work.

http://word.mvps.org

WPF Binding Beyond the Limitation of Name Scopes
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...nd-the-li.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell  via OfficeKB.com is offline

I did a Google search for Word 2007 pleading templates. the first item was
thie:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...481321033.aspx

Pam