Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mike.smith[_2_] mike.smith[_2_] is offline

Default Headers

Hello pebbles,

as I understand it right you need to insert new section.

That you can do by section breaks. From the upper toolbar pick Insert -
Break and then pick "Section - Next page".

Then in your headers be sure that you do not have clicked "The same as
previous" option.

I hope it helps

If not, contact me via my website

Mike
http://www.mswordhelp.com
how to microsoft word; philosophy, tutorials, tips and tricks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pebbles Pebbles is offline

I have a document that has already been formatted with headers in 3 sections.
I have changed the set out slightly and added another section at the end
which changed fine but I am unable to add a new section in the middle of the
document.
I have looked at all the things in the help tool.
I have tried page breaks and adding new pages but they just stay the same as
the section before.
I have tried to unlink it from the previous page as help tells you to but it
doesnt work.
Please help me!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If using Word 2007, click on the Breaks pulldown in the Page Setup section
of the Page Layout tab of the Ribbon and then select the type of Break that
you want to insert.

Note, if you want the header in the new Section to be different from that in
the preceding and following Sections, you will need to uncheck the Same as
Previous box for BOTH the new Section and the following Section BEFORE
editing the header.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

news

headers jay New Users 3 April 24th 08 11:59 AM
numbered outline: convert numbers in headers to text in headers Adrian Lowdike Page Layout 5 October 1st 06 10:23 PM
Need templare with headers, sub-headers & Table content Bob Vancouver Page Layout 3 May 1st 06 02:25 PM
Running Headers Separate from Page Headers mbaird Page Layout 1 October 5th 05 08:56 AM
Help - Headers - linking to previous headers not working properly Dab Page Layout 3 May 12th 05 10:50 PM