Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nuclear_Dave Nuclear_Dave is offline

Default Where is the centerline symbol for use in Word?

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Where is the centerline symbol for use in Word?

The centerline symbol is not a standard symbol in Microsoft Word, but you can easily add it to your document using the following steps:
  1. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on the "Symbol" button in the "Symbols" group.
  3. Select "More Symbols" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Symbol" dialog box, select "Arial Unicode MS" from the "Font" drop-down menu.
  5. Scroll down the list of symbols until you find the centerline symbol (it looks like a vertical line with a horizontal line through the middle).
  6. Click on the centerline symbol to select it, and then click on the "Insert" button.
  7. The centerline symbol will now be inserted into your document at the current cursor position.

Alternatively, you can also use the keyboard shortcut "Alt+8214" to insert the centerline symbol. Simply hold down the "Alt" key and type "8214" on the numeric keypad, then release the "Alt" key. The centerline symbol will be inserted at the current cursor position.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I do not know of one, but you can create one by typing

then hold down the Ctrl Key and press F9 to insert a pair of field
delimiters inside of which you type

ADVANCE \d 2 \l4 (note that is a lower case L before the 4)

and then outside of the closing } type L

so that you have

c{ ADVANCE \d 2 \l4 }L

Hold down the Alt key and press F9 to toggle off the display of the field
codes. and you will have something that should resemble what you are looking
for. You may want to adjust the font size of the c and L and also play
around with the offsets 2 and 4

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

news

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you can tell me what a centerline symbol is supposed to look like,
I can hunt for it in Unicode. The coding makes it sound like a c on
the line crossed by an L that goes below the line? But are they
supposed to look like letters, or are they supposed to be an arc and
two lines?

On Dec 30, 5:29*pm, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:
I do not know of one, but you can create one by typing

then hold down the Ctrl Key and press F9 to insert a pair of field
delimiters inside of which you type

ADVANCE \d 2 \l4 * (note that is a lower case L before the 4)

and then outside of the closing } type L

so that you have

c{ ADVANCE \d 2 \l4 }L

Hold down the Alt key and press F9 to toggle off the display of the field
codes. and you will have something that should resemble what you are looking
for. *You may want to adjust the font size of the c and L and also play
around with the offsets 2 and 4

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

news

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It is pretty much what that field construction creates, a small c
intersected by the vertical part of an L.

Actually Googling for it, turns up
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unic...ontsupport.htm

So typing 2104 and then pressing Alt+x will insert it for you.

--

wrote:
I do not know of one, but you can create one by typing

then hold down the Ctrl Key and press F9 to insert a pair of field
delimiters inside of which you type

ADVANCE \d 2 \l4 (note that is a lower case L before the 4)

and then outside of the closing } type L

so that you have

c{ ADVANCE \d 2 \l4 }L

Hold down the Alt key and press F9 to toggle off the display of the field
codes. and you will have something that should resemble what you are
looking
for. You may want to adjust the font size of the c and L and also play
around with the offsets 2 and 4

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Nuclear_Dave" wrote in message

news

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

It looks like the Centre Line Symbol that is shown when you are using
certain unicode fonts and you select InsertSymbolFont(normal text)
SubSet(Letterlike Symbols).