Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arlene Arlene is offline

Default Ctrl + F in Word 2010

What is the new shortcut in Word 2010 to get to the old Find and Replace
dialog box? I don't want to open the new Navigation pane. Thanks in advance.

Arlene
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Ctrl + F in Word 2010

Hi Arlene!

In Word 2010, the default shortcut for Find and Replace is still Ctrl + H, which will open the new Navigation pane. However, if you prefer to use the old Find and Replace dialog box, you can still access it with a slightly different shortcut.

Here's how:
  1. Press Ctrl + F to open the Navigation pane.
  2. Click the small arrow next to the search box to open the drop-down menu.
  3. Select "Advanced Find..." from the menu.
  4. The old Find and Replace dialog box will open, where you can enter your search and replace criteria.

Alternatively, you can also access the old Find and Replace dialog box by clicking the "Replace" button in the Editing group on the Home tab, and then selecting "More " to expand the options. From there, select "Advanced Find..." to open the dialog box.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:59:01 -0800, Arlene
wrote:

What is the new shortcut in Word 2010 to get to the old Find and Replace
dialog box? I don't want to open the new Navigation pane. Thanks in advance.

Arlene

The default Ctrl+F can be reassigned to the old dialog if you want to.

- Right-click the ribbon or Quick Access Toolbar and choose Customize
the Ribbon.

- Click the Keyboard shortcut Customize button in the dialog.

- Select the Home Tab category.

- Select the EditFind command.

- Click in the "Press new shortcut key" box and press Ctrl+F. (note
that the "Currently assigned to" label shows that you're taking the
shortcut away from the NavPaneSearch command, which is what you'd
change to if you ever want to restore the default.)

- Click the Assign button and then click Close.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arlene Arlene is offline

Thanks, Jay. I guess this means there is no shortcut unless you manually
create it.

"Arlene" wrote:

What is the new shortcut in Word 2010 to get to the old Find and Replace
dialog box? I don't want to open the new Navigation pane. Thanks in advance.

Arlene

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janine Janine is offline

Arlene,

Ctrl H will bring up the dialogue box Find What Replace With tab if you
don't wish to create a new shortcut.

Janine