Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Math Symbol Guy The Math Symbol Guy is offline

Default How can the ceiling function be entered or created in Word?

How can the ceiling function be entered or created in Word?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can the ceiling function be entered or created in Word?

The ceiling function is a mathematical function that rounds a number up to the nearest integer. In Microsoft Word, you can use the Equation Editor to create and insert the ceiling function into your document. Here are the steps to do so:
  1. Open a new or existing Word document.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the top menu bar.
  3. Click on the "Equation" button in the "Symbols" section.
  4. In the Equation Editor, click on the "Functions" button in the "Structures" section.
  5. Scroll down and select "Ceiling" from the list of functions.
  6. Enter the number or expression you want to round up in the parentheses after "Ceiling".
  7. Click outside of the Equation Editor to return to your document.

The ceiling function will now be inserted into your document and will display the rounded up value of the number or expression you entered. You can also customize the appearance of the function by selecting it and using the formatting options in the "Equation Tools" tab that appears when the function is selected.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

As far as I know, it can't. It's an Excel Function.

--
Enjoy,

Tony Jollans
Microsoft Word MVP

"The Math Symbol Guy" The Math Symbol wrote
in message ...
How can the ceiling function be entered or created in Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floor_function, Unicode contains
the required characters at 2308 and 2309. You can insert them from the Arial
Unicode MS font. Alternatively, you can use Word's built-in Equation Editor,
which includes these symbols.