Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Martin Snerl Martin Snerl is offline

Default Symbol of lightbulb

Where can I find a symbol of a lightbulb to insert into a word document?
Two searches through symbols, wingdings and webdings did not show such a
symbol.
thanks
martin

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Symbol of lightbulb

Hi Martin! I'm happy to help you with that.

If you're unable to find a lightbulb symbol in the Symbol, Wingdings, or Webdings fonts, you can try using the Insert Pictures feature in Word to add an image of a lightbulb to your document. Here's how:
  1. Open your Word document and place your cursor where you want to insert the lightbulb symbol.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Pictures" button in the "Illustrations" section of the ribbon.
  4. In the "Insert Picture" dialog box, browse to the location where you have an image of a lightbulb saved on your computer.
  5. Select the image and click the "Insert" button.

Your lightbulb image should now be inserted into your Word document. You can resize it and move it around as needed.

If you don't have an image of a lightbulb saved on your computer, you can try searching for one online and then saving it to your computer before following the steps above.

I hope that helps!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although there are doubtless fonts that contain this character, if you have
none such installed, you'll have to use clip art. What you have in your clip
art collection will doubtless differ from what I have (and it will depend on
whether you're searching online or not, too), but I found a B&W lightbulb
called j0350041.wmf (it's on the Media disk from Office XP), and another one
of the hits was BD18217_.wmf, which is one of the AutoShapes you can get
using the More AutoShapes... collection on the Drawing toolbar.