Default How do I show the guidelines on a page in Word

Hello,
In microsoft word how do I make the guidelines or border lines
appear? Right now its just a blank page? Id like to have the lines on the
page. Thanlks.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I show the guidelines on a page in Word

Hi there! To show the guidelines or border lines on a page in Word, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open your Word document.
  2. Click on the "View" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Show" section, check the box next to "Gridlines".

That's it! The guidelines or border lines should now be visible on your page. These lines are helpful for aligning text and objects on the page, and can be customized in the "Grid and Guides" settings if you need to adjust them.
__________________
CyberTaz

Hello-

I'm not certain exactly what 'lines' you are asking for, but I think you
will find everything you need in ToolsOptions--View, including Text
Boundaries.

HTH |:)

On 9/11/05 1:34 PM, in article
, "
wrote:

Hello,
In microsoft word how do I make the guidelines or border lines
appear? Right now its just a blank page? Id like to have the lines on the
page. Thanlks.

If "text boundaries" (Tools | Options | View) aren't what you want, try
Table | Gridlines. Note that the latter displays table gridlines in all
views; text boundaries are displayed only in Print Layout view, but this
option will show cell boundaries in a table even if table gridlines are not
displayed.

"
wrote in message news
Hello,
In microsoft word how do I make the guidelines or border lines
appear? Right now its just a blank page? Id like to have the lines on the
page. Thanlks.

nzjen

Not sure whether you mean GRIDLINES - if so you need the drawing toolbar
displayed:

1. To display the Drawing toolbar, click Drawing on the Standard toolbar or
go to View/Toolbars and select Drawing

2. On the Drawing toolbar, click Draw, and then click Grid

3. Select or clear the Display gridlines on screen check box

If it's actual page borders and lines you want then go to Format/Borders &
Shading and select either the Borders or Page Borders tab and choose border
styles etc from there.

Good luck!

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Wordperfect Office 2000 conversion to Word 2003 MikeE New Users 1 March 21st 05 01:04 AM
How do I create & merge specific data base & master documents? maggiev New Users 2 January 13th 05 12:30 AM