Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ollie ollie is offline

Default How to write ten to the second power(10 square).

I am writing a report that requires this.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to write ten to the second power(10 square).

Hey there! Writing 10 to the second power (10 squared) is actually quite simple. You can use the superscript feature in Microsoft Word to make it look neat and professional. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Open Microsoft Word and start typing your report.
  2. When you get to the point where you need to write 10 squared, type "10^2" (without the quotes).
  3. Highlight the "2" with your cursor.
  4. Click on the "Home" tab in the top menu.
  5. Look for the "Font" section and click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner.
  6. In the "Font" window that appears, check the box next to "Superscript" and click "OK".
  7. The "2" should now be raised and smaller than the "10", indicating that it is squared.

And that's it! You can use this same method to write any number to a power in your report.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use superscript text.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"ollie" wrote in message
I am writing a report that requires this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use superscript text.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"ollie" wrote in message
I am writing a report that requires this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
trip_to_tokyo[_2_] trip_to_tokyo[_2_] is offline

WORD 2007

You need to superscript the 2 (highlight the 2 / Home / Font group / click
on arrow in lower right hand corner / Font window should launch / Font tab /
place a tick (check) in the Superscript box and hit OK.

Thanks.

"ollie" wrote:

I am writing a report that requires this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are actually two ways to do this. The easy way is to select the 2 and
press Ctrl+Shift+=, which is the keyboard shortcut for Superscript. Or you
can press Ctrl+D to open the Font dialog and check the Superscript box.

Alternatively, you can use the Unicode character 00B2. You can either open
the Insert | Symbol dialog and insert it (find it in the Latin-1 character
subset) or type 00B2 and then press Alt+X.

http://word.mvps.org

"ollie" wrote in message
I am writing a report that requires this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To insert ², hold down the Alt key and press 0178 on the numeric keypad.
Pressing 0179 will give you ³

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.