Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Randee Randee is offline

Default flip 2nd page of document in Word

Is it possible to "flip" the 2nd page of a Word document, where on the screen
it appears upside down? I have a 2 page brochure made up in Word and want to
print it front and back. However, the 2nd page needs to be upside down, in
order for it to print in the correct position.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: flip 2nd page of document in Word

Yes, it is possible to flip the 2nd page of a Word document so that it appears upside down on the screen. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Open your Word document and go to the page you want to flip.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Text Box" button in the "Text" section of the ribbon.
  4. Choose the "Simple Text Box" option from the drop-down menu.
  5. Click and drag your mouse to draw a text box on the page.
  6. Right-click on the text box and choose "Format Shape" from the context menu.
  7. In the "Format Shape" pane that appears on the right side of the screen, click on the "3-D Rotation" option.
  8. In the "X Rotation" field, enter "180" and press Enter.
  9. Your text box should now be upside down on the page. You can resize and reposition it as needed.
  10. Copy and paste the content from the original page into the text box on the flipped page.
  11. Print your document double-sided, making sure to select the option to flip on the short edge.

That's it! Your 2nd page should now be upside down and ready to print in the correct position.
__________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In addition to the information you've been given about flipping the actual
content, you may find it easier to make this setting in your printer
Properties. If the printer is one that can duplex automatically, you'll find
a setting that tells the printer whether to flip on the long side (book) or
the short side (tablet). If you're duplexing manually, then you can just
turn the paper around before printing the second side.

"Randee" wrote in message
Is it possible to "flip" the 2nd page of a Word document, where on the

screen
it appears upside down? I have a 2 page brochure made up in Word and want

print it front and back. However, the 2nd page needs to be upside down,

in
order for it to print in the correct position.

How do I create a flip chart document in Word samr Microsoft Word Help 5 March 16th 07 01:02 AM
flip word document sam New Users 2 September 22nd 06 02:09 PM
How do I flip a horizontal page without changing the document? MarilynD. Page Layout 1 March 16th 06 11:26 PM
How do I flip text in a Word document? JFawker Microsoft Word Help 3 May 19th 05 02:45 AM
How do I flip a word document to its side? Hell-Angel Page Layout 2 April 5th 05 08:33 PM