Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nicholas Nicholas is offline

Default Photos in margins

I would like to insert pictures in the margings of a Word document. Is this
possible?

Nick

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Photos in margins

Hi Nick!

Yes, it is definitely possible to insert pictures in the margins of a Word document. Here's how you can do it:
  1. First, make sure that the ruler is visible in your Word document. If it's not, go to the "View" tab and check the "Ruler" box.
  2. Click on the picture that you want to insert into the margin.
  3. Click and drag the picture to the left or right margin of the document. You should see a dotted line appear on the ruler indicating where the picture will be placed.
  4. Once you have the picture in the desired location, you can adjust its size by clicking and dragging the corners of the picture.
  5. If you want to wrap text around the picture, right-click on the picture and select "Wrap Text" from the drop-down menu. You can then choose the desired text wrapping option.
  6. If you want to adjust the margins themselves, go to the "Page Layout" tab and click on "Margins." From there, you can adjust the margins to your liking.

That's it! You should now have a picture inserted into the margin of your Word document. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Sure it's possible. Put the photo in a text box in your header and then drag
it to your margin. Note that if you want different photos on every page you
will have to use section breaks.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"nicholas" wrote:

I would like to insert pictures in the margings of a Word document. Is this
possible?

Nick

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Yes, insert pictures in the usual way and set the wrapping to tight or
square. You could also use an autoshape and use the fill options to select a
photo. That way you can have stars, banner shapes etc shaped photos. Hope
this helps,
--
Rae Drysdale

"nicholas" wrote:

I would like to insert pictures in the margings of a Word document. Is this
possible?

Nick

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nicholas Nicholas is offline

Could someone explain how you can put different photos at the edge of each
page using section breaks?

Nick

"nicholas" wrote:

I would like to insert pictures in the margings of a Word document. Is this
possible?

Nick

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

1. Insert | Picture | From File.

2. Click on the picture to display the Picture toolbar.

3. Click on the Text Wrapping button (dog icon) and change the wrapping to
Square.

4. Drag the picture into the margin.

5. Repeat as needed.

Note that each picture will be anchored to the paragraph where the insertion
point was located when you inserted it, so you may want to move the
insertion point to a paragraph that is near where the picture will be
located so that if the text moves, the picture will go with it.

"nicholas" wrote in message
I would like to insert pictures in the margings of a Word document. Is

this
possible?

Nick

Aglae Grimes Aglae Grimes is offline
Junior Member

Photos in margins is a very nice feature. It is used for many purposes and it helps a lot. I use it all the time, so I think it is a good idea to add this feature in the next version of Word. Visit this https://masterbundles.com/best-free-...images-photos/ site for more help. I love photos in the margins because it makes me feel closer to the author of the document. It also helps me understand what they are talking about, as well as find relevant information easily.