Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hiltop hiltop is offline

Default is there a way to place bullets on the right side of text?

is there a way to place bullets on the right side of text? I have 2 colums I
want the first column to have a bullet on the right and my second column to
have a bullet on the left suggestions?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: is there a way to place bullets on the right side of text?

Yes, there is a way to place bullets on the right side of text in Microsoft Word. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Select the text that you want to add bullets to.
  2. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Bullets" drop-down menu in the "Paragraph" section.
  4. Select the bullet style that you want to use.
  5. Right-click on the selected text and choose "Paragraph" from the context menu.
  6. In the "Paragraph" dialog box, click on the "Tabs" button at the bottom.
  7. In the "Tabs" dialog box, set the "Tab stop position" to the right margin of the page.
  8. Choose the "Right" option under "Alignment".
  9. Click on "Set" and then "OK" to close the dialog boxes.

Now, the bullets should appear on the right side of the text. If you want to add bullets to the left side of the second column, you can follow the same steps but set the tab stop position to the left margin of the page and choose the "Left" option under "Alignment". This will add bullets to the left side of the text in the second column.
__________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word's built-in bulleting feature won't do this (except possibly when using
right-to-left text, but I suspect the the document isn't in Hebrew or
Arabic).

The easiest way to do this [that occurs to me, at least] would be to use a
table with the borders turned off. Use bullet symbols in the cells where you
want them--to the left or right of the text.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible