Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John[_16_] John[_16_] is offline

Default Cropping in Word 2007

How do I crop a picture (image of a pdf) in Word 2007?

Most other Office functions have the Crop feature nice and handy. Not Word.

John

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Cropping in Word 2007

Hi John!

I'm happy to help you with cropping a picture in Word 2007. Here are the steps you can follow:
  1. Insert the picture into your Word document by clicking on the "Insert" tab and selecting "Picture" from the "Illustrations" group.
  2. Once the picture is inserted, click on it to select it. You should see a "Format" tab appear in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Format" tab and look for the "Size" group. Within this group, you should see a button labeled "Crop."
  4. Click on the "Crop" button, and you will see black cropping handles appear around the edges of the picture.
  5. Use your mouse to click and drag on any of the cropping handles to crop the picture as desired. You can also use the "Crop" button to toggle between cropping and uncropping the picture.
  6. Once you have cropped the picture to your liking, click anywhere outside of the picture to deselect it.

That's it! Your picture should now be cropped in Word 2007. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

When the picture is selected, the contextual Picture Tools | Format tab is
displayed. In the Size group (the last on the right), there is a Crop
button. Click on that to get cropping handles.

http://word.mvps.org

"John" wrote in message
How do I crop a picture (image of a pdf) in Word 2007?

Most other Office functions have the Crop feature nice and handy. Not
Word.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John[_16_] John[_16_] is offline

Aha! That's the problem: When the picture is selected, the contextual
Picture Tools | Format tab is not displayed.

When I select the picture, nothing on top changes. The tabs (Clipboard,
Font, etc.) don't change.

John
Andalusia, AL

"John" wrote in message
How do I crop a picture (image of a pdf) in Word 2007?

Most other Office functions have the Crop feature nice and handy. Not
Word.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

How di you import that into your Word document? Is it truly a picture?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"John" wrote in message
How do I crop a picture (image of a pdf) in Word 2007?

Most other Office functions have the Crop feature nice and handy. Not
Word.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John[_16_] John[_16_] is offline

1. I imported the .pdf file by Insert/Object/Object/Adobe Acrobat
Document/File Name.
2. It is not truly a picture, but rather an object.

I looked at Publisher 2007 Help and it said when you clicked on the picture,
the Picture toolbar showed up. Mine doesn't. I remember that it did
sometime in the past.

So, it looks like I need to reinstall Office 2007.

John

"John" wrote in message
How do I crop a picture (image of a pdf) in Word 2007?

Most other Office functions have the Crop feature nice and handy. Not
Word.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John[_16_] John[_16_] is offline

OK, you raised the issue of the Picture. I did insert a picture and it did
what you suggested; the Picture toolbar appeared.

So, when I have a .pdf file to crop, I must use
RightClick/FormatObject/Picture/Crop which is about the hardest way to crop
that I've ever done! Maybe they will fix this in the next version.

You would think that if they allowed a crop that way, they certainly would
pop up the Picture Toolbar when you clicked on the .pdf. Functionally, the
..pdf is a picture.