Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
TonyO TonyO is offline

Default Setting defaults

Is it possible to set "Repeat as header row at the top of each page" as the
default option?

I still run into problems when I forget to set this option and remember only
after extending the table to the next page, when it is too late. I am tired
of creating new tables.

Maybe there is a macro...

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 13:06:36 +0100, "TonyO" wrote:

Is it possible to set "Repeat as header row at the top of each page" as the
default option?

I still run into problems when I forget to set this option and remember only
after extending the table to the next page, when it is too late. I am tired
of creating new tables.

Maybe there is a macro...

Thanks in advance.

You could set up a table with a repeating header row, and save that table as an
AutoText or AutoCorrect entry -- if you can remember to use that entry instead
of starting a new table, and if you don't need different numbers of columns for
different tables. Other than that, no, you can't default the header row setting.

But... It's _never_ "too late" to set the header row, and you don't have to
create a new table to do it. It doesn't matter whether the table is within one
page or extends over two or twenty pages. Just select the first row (or two or
more adjacent rows at the beginning of the table) and click Table Heading Rows
Repeat.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
TonyO TonyO is offline

Thanks Jay,

I tried it and could not believe it. You are right.

I wonder why I could not do it before? Was I carrying over an old problem?

The tables I created in Word 2003 do not appear to allow repeat as header
row when loaded into Word 2007. That must account for why I thought the
problem still persisted into Word 2007.

Anyhow, it is a good improvement and my productivity has gone up a notch.

Thanks again...

Tony Osime

wrote:

[...]

so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
PamC PamC is offline

You can also set heading rows to repeat by modifying the table style (the
default is Table grid). For older tables or those using another table style,
you must apply the modified styles AND be sure that, in the first group of
the Table design ribbon, the Header Row check box is checked for that table.

This last may solve the problem of Word 2003 tables not working as
expected.

PamC

"TonyO" wrote:

Is it possible to set "Repeat as header row at the top of each page" as the
default option?

I still run into problems when I forget to set this option and remember only
after extending the table to the next page, when it is too late. I am tired
of creating new tables.

Maybe there is a macro...

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Sunny Anand Sunny Anand is offline

Default Table Row headers are not repeating in MS-Excel 2007

Hello Jay,

I have used your post for other problems and you're amazing. I have a problem where my row headers in Table are not repeating on next page. Please tell me is there way to resolve this problem?

Jay Freedman wrote:

Setting defaults
24-Feb-08

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 13:06:36 +0100, "TonyO" wrote:

You could set up a table with a repeating header row, and save that table as an
AutoText or AutoCorrect entry -- if you can remember to use that entry instead
of starting a new table, and if you don't need different numbers of columns for
different tables. Other than that, no, you can't default the header row setting.

But... It's _never_ "too late" to set the header row, and you don't have to
create a new table to do it. It doesn't matter whether the table is within one
page or extends over two or twenty pages. Just select the first row (or two or
more adjacent rows at the beginning of the table) and click Table Heading Rows
Repeat.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sunday, February 24, 2008 7:06 AM
TonyO wrote:

Setting defaults
Is it possible to set "Repeat as header row at the top of each page" as the
default option?

I still run into problems when I forget to set this option and remember only
after extending the table to the next page, when it is too late. I am tired
of creating new tables.

Maybe there is a macro...

Thanks in advance.

On Sunday, February 24, 2008 11:53 AM
Jay Freedman wrote:

Setting defaults
On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 13:06:36 +0100, "TonyO" wrote:

You could set up a table with a repeating header row, and save that table as an
AutoText or AutoCorrect entry -- if you can remember to use that entry instead
of starting a new table, and if you don't need different numbers of columns for
different tables. Other than that, no, you can't default the header row setting.

But... It's _never_ "too late" to set the header row, and you don't have to
create a new table to do it. It doesn't matter whether the table is within one
page or extends over two or twenty pages. Just select the first row (or two or
more adjacent rows at the beginning of the table) and click Table Heading Rows
Repeat.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Monday, February 25, 2008 6:33 AM
TonyO wrote:

Thanks Jay,I tried it and could not believe it. You are right.
Thanks Jay,

I tried it and could not believe it. You are right.

I wonder why I could not do it before? Was I carrying over an old problem?

The tables I created in Word 2003 do not appear to allow repeat as header
row when loaded into Word 2007. That must account for why I thought the
problem still persisted into Word 2007.

Anyhow, it is a good improvement and my productivity has gone up a notch.

Thanks again...

Tony Osime

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message

On Wednesday, February 27, 2008 11:30 AM
Pam wrote:

You can also set heading rows to repeat by modifying the table style (the
You can also set heading rows to repeat by modifying the table style (the
default is Table grid). For older tables or those using another table style,
you must apply the modified styles AND be sure that, in the first group of
the Table design ribbon, the Header Row check box is checked for that table.

This last may solve the problem of Word 2003 tables not working as
expected.

PamC

"TonyO" wrote:

Build A C# .NET Zip Backup Utility
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...zip-backu.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Sunny Anand,

Your message header refers to Excel, but you've posted in a Word forum. Are you trying to get:
1. Word table header rows to repeat in a Word document?
2. Excel worksheet page headers to repeat in an Excel worksheet?
3. Linked Excel table header rows to repeat in a Word document?
4. Something else?

--
Cheers
macropod

"Sunny Anand" wrote in message ...

Hello Jay,

I have used your post for other problems and you're amazing. I have a problem where my row headers in Table are not repeating on

Jay Freedman wrote:

Setting defaults
24-Feb-08