Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
itsneel itsneel is offline

Default Go back to original location after CTRL+Click on bookmark

I have added several bookmarks in my word document. and then inserted
Hyperlinks to these bookmarks. That works fine. My question is, how do I go
back to the original spot once I have clicked on a Hyperlink. I have to
scroll back up or down in the document to get back to the point I started
from.
In a web browser you have a BACK button to go back where you followed the
link.
I don't know how to get that here, is this functionality even supported?. If
my memory serves right, there use to be a small back button which use to
appear in the top left corner in the earlier versions of Word. Currently I am
using MS Word 2003 (11.8134.8132) SP2.
thanks,

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Go back to original location after CTRL+Click on bookmark

Unfortunately, Microsoft Word does not have a built-in "back" button like web browsers do. However, there are a few workarounds you can try to make it easier to navigate back to your original spot after clicking on a hyperlink.
[list=1][*]Option 1: Use the "Previous" button in the "Navigation" pane.
  • To access the Navigation pane, click on the "View" tab in the ribbon, and then click on "Navigation Pane" in the "Show" section.
  • This will open a pane on the left side of the screen that shows a list of headings, pages, and other items in your document.
  • If you click on a hyperlink and then want to go back to your original spot, you can click on the "Previous" button in the Navigation pane to return to the last item you clicked on.
[*]Option 2: Use the "Bookmark" feature to mark your original spot before clicking on a hyperlink.
  • To do this, place your cursor at the spot in the document where you want to return to, and then click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon.
  • Click on "Bookmark" in the "Links" section, and then give your bookmark a name (e.g. "Original Spot").
  • Click "Add" to create the bookmark.
  • Then, when you click on a hyperlink and want to return to your original spot, you can use the "Go To" feature to jump to the bookmark.
  • To do this, click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon, and then click on "Find" in the "Editing" section.
  • Click on the "Go To" tab, and then select "Bookmark" from the "Go to what" dropdown menu.
  • Select your bookmark from the list, and then click "Go To" to jump to that spot in the document.

I hope these workarounds help you navigate your Word document more easily!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can (1) display the Web toolbar and use its Back button, (2) add the
Back button to another toolbar that is already displayed, or (3) use the
keyboard shortcut Alt+Left Arrow.

"itsneel" wrote in message
I have added several bookmarks in my word document. and then inserted
Hyperlinks to these bookmarks. That works fine. My question is, how do I
go
back to the original spot once I have clicked on a Hyperlink. I have to
scroll back up or down in the document to get back to the point I started
from.
In a web browser you have a BACK button to go back where you followed the
link.
I don't know how to get that here, is this functionality even supported?.
If
my memory serves right, there use to be a small back button which use to
appear in the top left corner in the earlier versions of Word. Currently I
am
using MS Word 2003 (11.8134.8132) SP2.
thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Shift+F5 may work in certain circumstances; it has broader application than
just returning to the jumping-off point for a hyperlink but doesn't always
work for that particular application because it returns to the previous edit
point, and if you didn't do any editing, just clicked on the hyperlink, it
won't work.

"itsneel" wrote in message

[...]

ctrl + click restricted [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 1 August 1st 07 11:56 AM
How do I return from CTRL+Click? Dave Microsoft Word Help 3 October 30th 06 05:57 PM
I can no longer click (ctrl + click on a web link) in Word 2003. mediaguy Microsoft Word Help 1 July 27th 06 10:52 PM
CTRL-click for links? James New Users 3 September 28th 05 05:51 PM
How do I return to my original location after following a hyperli. Kelly Microsoft Word Help 1 March 15th 05 01:45 AM