Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
APaulsen APaulsen is offline

Default Find function in word is not working. HELP!

I use the find function in Word to search through lists of addresses and
files, however it has stopped working. For instance, I will be looking at a
name in the document, and when I search for it, it says none found. Any
ideas what could be wrong?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Find function in word is not working. HELP!

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the Find function in Word. Let's see if we can figure out what's going on.

First, make sure that you're using the correct syntax when searching for text. For example, if you're searching for a name, make sure that you're typing it in correctly and that you're not accidentally including any extra spaces or punctuation.

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Find function. To do this, click on the Home tab in the ribbon, then click on the arrow next to the Find button and select "Advanced Find" from the drop-down menu. In the Advanced Find dialog box, click on the "Options" button and then click on "Reset All". This should reset the Find function to its default settings.

If resetting the Find function doesn't work, you may need to repair your Word installation. To do this, go to the Control Panel on your computer, select "Programs and Features", find Microsoft Office in the list of installed programs, and then click on "Change". From there, select "Repair" and follow the prompts to repair your installation of Word.

I hope one of these solutions works for you!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helmut Weber[_2_] Helmut Weber[_2_] is offline

Hi APaulsen,

make sure, that search options are cleared.
"Find and Replace", "More", "Search Options"
plus
"No Formatting"

--

Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Vista Small Business, Office XP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Helmut Weber wrote:
Hi APaulsen,

make sure, that search options are cleared.
"Find and Replace", "More", "Search Options"
plus
"No Formatting"

Also, select some text you aren't able to "find", go to Tools Languages
Set Language, and make sure the "Do not check spelling or grammar" box is
NOT checked. If it is checked, select the entire document, go back to that
dialog, and clear the box.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman