Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
E help E help is offline

Default Word header and footer transparency

Does anyone know if I can control the transparency of the way Word displays
the Header and Footer. I understand that it only looks this way in a working
view, not printed out. I also read that the brightness and contract can be
changed in format picture- but that changes the color - I am not looking to
do that.

I have created a letterhead with the logo graphic and contact info. placed
in the header and footer. My client wants to use this letterhead to email
information to her customers. When viewed on the computer, I do not want the
footer and header to have a transparency on it. Now a days, my client will
not be printing the letterhead out as much as she will be emailing it.
Please advise. Thank You!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Word header and footer transparency

Yes, you can control the transparency of the header and footer in Word. Here are the steps to do it:
  1. Double-click on the header or footer area to open the Header & Footer Tools tab.
  2. Click on the Design tab.
  3. Click on the Header/Footer Position drop-down menu and select "Edit Header/Footer."
  4. Click on the "Picture Format" tab.
  5. Click on the "Transparency" drop-down menu and select the desired level of transparency.
  6. Click on "Close Header and Footer" to save the changes.

Note that the transparency setting will only affect the appearance of the header and footer in the working view of the document, not when printed or saved as a PDF. Also, changing the transparency may affect the color of the header and footer, so you may need to adjust the brightness and contrast as well to achieve the desired result.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yvonne Yvonne is offline

I see your point about the PDF, however is there a way of altering the
transparency as I need to do simular in a doc that needs to be editable.

Thanks

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

I would suggest that they should be sending the documents in .pdf format,
not in the original Word format.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"E help" E wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yvonne Yvonne is offline

Does this mean it can't be done?
Ideally I want it in the header, so it looks the same on every page.

Thanks

"E help" E wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If it is in the header, it will be dimmed. There is no way around this with
Word documents; however you could convert to PDF and email the PDFs as
attachments. PDF format would be preferable to Word document as a vehicle
for sending to clients.

If the information is to go in the e-mail body then the problem doesn't
arise as e-mail uses html format which does not support header/footers or
even pages, but then the sender has no control over whether the recipient
will view the message as html or plain text..

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

I would suggest that they should be sending the documents in .pdf
format, not in the original Word format.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"E help" E wrote in message
[...]

Margaret9121 Margaret9121 is offline
Junior Member

Lastly, it's important to consider the overall quality and durability of the step ladder. Investing in a well-built ladder might cost a bit more upfront but can save money in the long run. blog here

Last edited by Margaret9121 : July 3rd 23 at 07:44 PM