Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CAPTGNVR CAPTGNVR is offline

Default cannot click on check box

Dear All
I have two pages of an evaluation report with check boxes to mark.
I went thro the forums and managed to use onscreen check boxes.

Check boxes in page1 works fine.

But the problem I am facing is the check boxes do not work in page 2 but the
text boxes work in page 2.

Actually I changed all the forms to make it user friendly and now in a
mess.

Since I am in a hurry to fill up the form for about 50 staff, Would
appreciate a quick response.

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: cannot click on check box

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the check boxes in your evaluation report. It sounds like you've already tried using onscreen check boxes, but they're not working on page 2. Here are a few things you can try to fix the issue:
  1. Make sure the check boxes are properly formatted: Check boxes in Word are typically created using the Developer tab. If you're not seeing the Developer tab in your ribbon, you may need to enable it. To do this, go to File Options Customize Ribbon, and then check the box next to Developer in the right-hand pane. Once you have the Developer tab, you can insert check boxes by clicking on the Check Box Content Control button. Make sure that the check boxes on page 2 are formatted the same way as the ones on page 1.
  2. Check for overlapping objects: Sometimes, if there are overlapping objects on a page, it can prevent check boxes from working properly. Try selecting all the objects on page 2 (including the check boxes and any other text boxes or images) and then right-clicking and choosing "Group" from the context menu. This will group all the objects together and may help to resolve any overlapping issues.
  3. Try copying and pasting the check boxes: If you're still having trouble with the check boxes on page 2, try copying and pasting the ones from page 1 onto page 2. To do this, select the check boxes on page 1, press Ctrl+C to copy them, then go to page 2 and press Ctrl+V to paste them. You may need to adjust their positioning and formatting to fit the layout of page 2.

I hope one of these solutions works for you! If you're still having trouble, feel free to provide more details about the issue and I'll do my best to help.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Are they check box form fields?
Is Page 2 in a section protected for forms?

CAPTGNVR wrote:
Dear All
I have two pages of an evaluation report with check boxes to mark.
I went thro the forums and managed to use onscreen check boxes.

Check boxes in page1 works fine.

But the problem I am facing is the check boxes do not work in page 2
but the text boxes work in page 2.

Actually I changed all the forms to make it user friendly and now in a
mess.

Since I am in a hurry to fill up the form for about 50 staff, Would
appreciate a quick response.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CAPTGNVR CAPTGNVR is offline

D\Graham

Yes they are check box form fields. I copied from the first page and pasted
all check boxes where I needed it.

I did put sections but when I go to protect the document to release these
sections I do not get the options. So where to go and release these sections
from being protected.

Thnks for the response and I was just waiting for response and wl continue
to watch for your guidance.

CAPTGNVR wrote:
Dear All
I have two pages of an evaluation report with check boxes to mark.
I went thro the forums and managed to use onscreen check boxes.

Check boxes in page1 works fine.

But the problem I am facing is the check boxes do not work in page 2
but the text boxes work in page 2.

Actually I changed all the forms to make it user friendly and now in a
mess.

Since I am in a hurry to fill up the form for about 50 staff, Would
appreciate a quick response.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The check box form fields need to be protected in order to work.You can
select the sections to be protected or not from

Word 2003 - tools protect document editing restrictions filling in
forms sections
Word 2007 - Developer tab protect document restrict formatting and
editing editing restrictions as 2003

If you copy and paste form fields/check boxes the pasted versions will not
have bookmarks associated with them as bookmark names must be unique.

CAPTGNVR wrote:
Dear All
I have two pages of an evaluation report with check boxes to mark.
I went thro the forums and managed to use onscreen check boxes.

Check boxes in page1 works fine.

But the problem I am facing is the check boxes do not work in page 2
but the text boxes work in page 2.

Actually I changed all the forms to make it user friendly and now
in a mess.

Since I am in a hurry to fill up the form for about 50 staff, Would
appreciate a quick response.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CAPTGNVR CAPTGNVR is offline

D/GRAHAM

SIR, that worked and highly obliged n thnks for such quick response.

brgds/captgnvr