Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
B.W. B.W. is offline

Default Watermark

I use a Word table created by someone else that I enter a monthly roster
into. I want a transparent diagonal text watermark on it but when I do
this I get the table split into two pages instead of the one which I need
for this table. I tried changing the size of the watermark text etc but
still getting it split into two pages.

Any help appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
B.W. B.W. is offline

I have the table open and go to....

Format - Background - Printed Watermark - Text - type in the text and O.K.
But then the table overflows on to page two

"B.W." (del xxx) wrote in message
I use a Word table created by someone else that I enter a monthly roster
into. I want a transparent diagonal text watermark on it but when I do
this I get the table split into two pages instead of the one which I need
for this table. I tried changing the size of the watermark text etc but
still getting it split into two pages.

Any help appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Very odd, since a watermark is behind text (anchored to the header) and
shouldn't affect the table at all.

http://word.mvps.org

"B.W." (del xxx) wrote in message
I use a Word table created by someone else that I enter a monthly roster
into. I want a transparent diagonal text watermark on it but when I do
this I get the table split into two pages instead of the one which I need
for this table. I tried changing the size of the watermark text etc but
still getting it split into two pages.

Any help appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
B.W.[_2_] B.W.[_2_] is offline

Thanks Suzanne, it must be something in the way the table was created
perhaps and as I don't really know how it was set up I'll just have to give
the watermark idea a miss. I think the original one had the watermark but
the format has been changed so much anything could have happened. Many
thanks anyway for your help.

"B.W." (del xxx) wrote in message
I use a Word table created by someone else that I enter a monthly roster
into. I want a transparent diagonal text watermark on it but when I do
this I get the table split into two pages instead of the one which I
need for this table. I tried changing the size of the watermark text
etc but still getting it split into two pages.

Any help appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
C.M.[_2_] C.M.[_2_] is offline

I have a slightly different problem. I am trying to place the word "sample"
over a table. I am able to use the watermark on the table only by using the
"continuous section break" option before and after the table, closing the
"same as previous" option in the headers then deleting the watermark from the
other sections. I just can't bring the watermark forward or sent the table
backward.

The only other option I can think of is to use WordArt, but it displaces the
text in the table in a cell.

Any ideas on how to mark a table "sample" over the table?

CM

"B.W." (del xxx) wrote in message
I use a Word table created by someone else that I enter a monthly roster
into. I want a transparent diagonal text watermark on it but when I do
this I get the table split into two pages instead of the one which I
need for this table. I tried changing the size of the watermark text
etc but still getting it split into two pages.

Any help appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

A text watermark is nothing more nor less than a washed-out WordArt object
anchored to the header and placed Behind Text. For your purpose the simplest
thing is to copy the watermark, then delete it. Then paste the WordArt
object into the document body, anchored to text in the table. You can format
it as Behind Text, or, if you make it In Front of Text, you can experiment
with the transparency so that it doesn't obscure the table. I find that just
copy/pasting the watermark as is works pretty well, though.

Note that, if you leave it Behind Text (the default) and later want to move
it, size it, or otherwise handle it, you will need to display the Drawing
toolbar and click on the Select Objects tool in order to grab it.

http://word.mvps.org