Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
JoNo501 JoNo501 is offline

Default How can I vew my curser in typed table cells?

In Word 2007, my curser disappears when I'm working in table cells with text.
I can click into the cell and type, but have to guess as to the exact
location of the curser.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Are the cells right-aligned? Or is this a situation where you can't see the
cursor in the first page of a table (which is caused by having "Different
first page" or "Different odd and even" enabled, IIRC).

http://word.mvps.org

"JoNo501" wrote in message
In Word 2007, my curser disappears when I'm working in table cells with
text.
I can click into the cell and type, but have to guess as to the exact
location of the curser.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
JoNo501 JoNo501 is offline

Thanks for replying. "No" to all your questions. The cells have a letter or
number at the left margin, then tabbed over to text. Changes can be made in
the cell, but there's no curser to actually see what you're doing.

"JoNo501" wrote in message
In Word 2007, my curser disappears when I'm working in table cells with
text.
I can click into the cell and type, but have to guess as to the exact
location of the curser.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I was mistaken about the cause (having those buttons on the QAT causes
tables to be blue). This issue can be caused by having tables in a
multi-column section with a heading row set to repeat. The cursor is not
visible on the first page of the table. If you temporarily remove the
heading row flag or switch to Normal/Draft view, you will be able to see the
cursor. When you're through editing, you can reset the heading row.

http://word.mvps.org