Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
COMLANSER COMLANSER is offline

Default formula syntax information

I'm creating an invoice. Where can I find Formula Syntax information? Some
examples would be nice. "IF" specifically but I would prefer something
broader.
In "D1" { =(A1*C1) \# "$#,##0.00;($#,##0.00)" } works just fine but "IF" the
result is $0.00 (because A1 and C1 are empty) then I want "D1" to be empty as
well.
Also "A1" is a numeric value (no problem) but "C1" is a dollar amount. How
do I get "C1" to automatically format to "$#,##0.00" when numbers are entered
but remain blank if empty (I can't find a solution in "Developer").
Also can information in one table be picked up by a formula in a different
table of the same document if I give cell in the first table a name or does
each table have its own identity.
I can't believe information is so scarce (or hard to find) in this area. I
have spent hours looking. I could regroup on Excel but I hate to give up.
Many thanks in advance,
COMLANSER

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

For a start, have you looked at these Help topics?

Field codes: = (Formula) field

Perform calculations in a table

Referencing cells in a table

Examples of IF fields

http://word.mvps.org

"COMLANSER" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi COMLANSER,

To see how to do all this kind of stuff (and lot's more besides), check out my Word Field Maths Tutorial, at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=365442
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party

--
Cheers
macropod

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
COMLANSER COMLANSER is offline

Thank you. It took a while to get back to this project but "Examples of IF
fields" took care of the issue.

COMLANSER

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For a start, have you looked at these Help topics?

Field codes: = (Formula) field

Perform calculations in a table

Referencing cells in a table

Examples of IF fields

http://word.mvps.org

"COMLANSER" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
COMLANSER COMLANSER is offline

Hi Macropod,

Thank you and mil gracias. It took awhile to get back to this project. Your
"Word Field Maths" addressed my immediate issue as well as anything that may
cme up in the future. http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party is now
a bookmark.

Cheers,
COMLANSER