Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RonSD RonSD is offline

Default paragraph spacing in Word 2003 tables

How can I get Word 2003 to create tables that use the Spacing After setting
from the default table style, rather than copying the spacing of the
preceding paragraph?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

RonSD was telling us:
RonSD nous racontait que :

How can I get Word 2003 to create tables that use the Spacing After
setting from the default table style, rather than copying the spacing
of the preceding paragraph?

Aside from using sure that the preceding paragraph is formatted with the
default Table style, I do not se how you can achieve that automatically.

Which style are you using in that preceding paragraph, and why?

--
______________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RonSD RonSD is offline

My default paragraph style, Normal, has Spacing After = 6 pt.
My default table style, Table Grid, has Spacing After = 0 pt.

When I create a new table, it uses the Table Grid style but ignores the
Spacing After setting in that style and instead uses the setting of the
preceding paragraph, which is usually Normal style. Then I have to go into
Table Properties and reset the spacing to what it should have been in the
first place.

Is there any way to make Word respect the settings in the table style?

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

RonSD was telling us:
RonSD nous racontait que :

How can I get Word 2003 to create tables that use the Spacing After
setting from the default table style, rather than copying the spacing
of the preceding paragraph?

Aside from using sure that the preceding paragraph is formatted with the
default Table style, I do not se how you can achieve that automatically.

Which style are you using in that preceding paragraph, and why?

--
______________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil
Montreal, Canada

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Is there any way to make Word respect the settings in the table style?
No, not in Word 2003. If all you want is a spacing change, your method is
simplest. If you want other differences between the body text and table text,
do not specify font setting the table style and do create and apply paragraph
styles (for example, Table Text, Table Headings, etc.) to format your table.

Pam

RonSD wrote:
My default paragraph style, Normal, has Spacing After = 6 pt.
My default table style, Table Grid, has Spacing After = 0 pt.

When I create a new table, it uses the Table Grid style but ignores the
Spacing After setting in that style and instead uses the setting of the
preceding paragraph, which is usually Normal style. Then I have to go into
Table Properties and reset the spacing to what it should have been in the
first place.

Is there any way to make Word respect the settings in the table style?

RonSD was telling us:
RonSD nous racontait que :

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

Which style are you using in that preceding paragraph, and why?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

In addition to what Jean-Guy and Pamelia have suggested, you can also create
an Autotext entry that will create a basic table for you (to your design)
which will have the required styles (table Header Row, normal Table text,
etc) applied as well as already having a table caption assigned to it.
Then you can edit this table as required.
Check out the Word Help articales on Autotext, very simple really, create
what you want, select it, Alt+F3, give it a name.
For more on AutoText, also see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"RonSD" wrote:

My default paragraph style, Normal, has Spacing After = 6 pt.
My default table style, Table Grid, has Spacing After = 0 pt.

When I create a new table, it uses the Table Grid style but ignores the
Spacing After setting in that style and instead uses the setting of the
preceding paragraph, which is usually Normal style. Then I have to go into
Table Properties and reset the spacing to what it should have been in the
first place.

Is there any way to make Word respect the settings in the table style?

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

RonSD was telling us:
RonSD nous racontait que :