Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ron Going Insane Ron Going Insane is offline

Default Repeating heading rows

Using Word 2003. I have tried "everything" & I still cannot get my row
headings to repeat. I have tried:
1. Checking unchecking "repeat heading'
2. Text wrapping is none
3. Checking unchecking rows repeat
4. Checking unchecking allow rows to break
5. Using print layout

The row just doesnt' repeat! It has to be something simple. Driving me insane.
The table row only has 5 columns & I need to repeat it, since the document I
will be using is about 5-6 pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

A very long shot, but make sure that the heading is actually part of the
same table. If you click at the top of a column, is the entire column (all
5-6 pages) selected?

http://word.mvps.org

"Ron Going Insane" Ron Going wrote in
message ...
Using Word 2003. I have tried "everything" & I still cannot get my row
headings to repeat. I have tried:
1. Checking unchecking "repeat heading'
2. Text wrapping is none
3. Checking unchecking rows repeat
4. Checking unchecking allow rows to break
5. Using print layout

The row just doesnt' repeat! It has to be something simple. Driving me
insane.
The table row only has 5 columns & I need to repeat it, since the document
will be using is about 5-6 pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ron Going Insane[_2_] Ron Going Insane[_2_] is offline

Hello Suzanne:
Thank you so much for your reply! I am not sure what you mean when you say
"Are all the columns, highlighted on all 5 or 6 pages(or something like
that). I haven't created the 5 or 6 pages yet. I will try to explain my
issue. The following is a sample of the table with the columns.
ITEM # QTY DESCRIPTION UNIT PRICE AMOUNT
Below each column there will be value's or text. What I need to happen is
that the row repeats on the next page, and if I need another page it will
repeat again, and so on. Basically, I am creating a form to issue Purchase
Orders to our suppliers.
Thank you again,
Ron
My email address is:

"Ron Going Insane" wrote:

Using Word 2003. I have tried "everything" & I still cannot get my row
headings to repeat. I have tried:
1. Checking unchecking "repeat heading'
2. Text wrapping is none
3. Checking unchecking rows repeat
4. Checking unchecking allow rows to break
5. Using print layout

The row just doesnt' repeat! It has to be something simple. Driving me insane.
The table row only has 5 columns & I need to repeat it, since the document I
will be using is about 5-6 pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Well, if the heading row is tagged as a repeating heading row, it *will*
repeat, but not until the table extends to more than one page. Even then, it
will be just an artifact: you will not see it in Normal/Draft view or be
able to select and edit it in any view because it really exists only on the
first page.

Note that if the table is created by mail merge, you have to use a different
method (headings in the page header) because in the catalog/directory-type
merge you need to create a table, any static text is repeated for each
record.

http://word.mvps.org

"Ron Going Insane" wrote in
message ...

"Ron Going Insane" wrote:

Using Word 2003. I have tried "everything" & I still cannot get my row
headings to repeat. I have tried:
1. Checking unchecking "repeat heading'
2. Text wrapping is none
3. Checking unchecking rows repeat
4. Checking unchecking allow rows to break
5. Using print layout

The row just doesnt' repeat! It has to be something simple. Driving me
insane.
The table row only has 5 columns & I need to repeat it, since the
document I
will be using is about 5-6 pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ron Going Insane[_2_] Ron Going Insane[_2_] is offline

Hello Suzanne:
I must be doing something totally wrong, if you can get the header row to
repeat, then I should as well(I think. Can you walk me through the steps you
took? I will follow your instructions. I did click repeat rows and printed
the documents but I could not see the row, I am not using mail merge.
I do appreciate your time! If you would like to see the document I could
send you a copy?
Ron

"Ron Going Insane" wrote:

Using Word 2003. I have tried "everything" & I still cannot get my row
headings to repeat. I have tried:
1. Checking unchecking "repeat heading'
2. Text wrapping is none
3. Checking unchecking rows repeat
4. Checking unchecking allow rows to break
5. Using print layout

The row just doesnt' repeat! It has to be something simple. Driving me
insane.
The table row only has 5 columns & I need to repeat it, since the
document I
will be using is about 5-6 pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ron Going Insane[_2_] Ron Going Insane[_2_] is offline

Hi Suzanne:
Thank you again. I will send you the copy. No problem with waiting. I really
appreciate your help!
Ron
P.S. have a great weekend!

"Ron Going Insane" wrote:

Using Word 2003. I have tried "everything" & I still cannot get my row
headings to repeat. I have tried:
1. Checking unchecking "repeat heading'
2. Text wrapping is none
3. Checking unchecking rows repeat
4. Checking unchecking allow rows to break
5. Using print layout

The row just doesnt' repeat! It has to be something simple. Driving me
insane.
The table row only has 5 columns & I need to repeat it, since the
document I
will be using is about 5-6 pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ron Going Insane[_2_] Ron Going Insane[_2_] is offline

Thanks Suzanne, I have worked out a "work around", but, in the meantime I am
going to practice what you have instructed above. Thank you for your help.
Ron

"Ron Going Insane" wrote:

Sorry, where should I send it?