Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Flavio Flavio is offline

Default Formating tables in frames

I am having a strange problem with tables in a frame with word 2002/3
Once the table has been insterted in a frame when I try to format with
styles the first cells in the first column the whole line jumps out of the
frame.

The second column reacts normally to the formatting

Is there a way for me to fomat this cell?

Am I doing something wrong.

I need to put the table in a frame I have to do some forms and I need to put
2 or more tables side by side.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

My guess is that you have inadvertenly modified the "problem style" to
include frame formatting; that is why the text jumps out of the frame/table
when you apply the style. Look in the Modify Style dialog box for the style
in question.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Flavio" wrote in message
I am having a strange problem with tables in a frame with word 2002/3
Once the table has been insterted in a frame when I try to format with
styles the first cells in the first column the whole line jumps out of the
frame.

The second column reacts normally to the formatting

Is there a way for me to fomat this cell?

Am I doing something wrong.

I need to put the table in a frame I have to do some forms and I need to
put
2 or more tables side by side.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

You might have better luck by putting each tables within a separate cell of a
larger, unbordered table.

Pam

Flavio wrote:
I am having a strange problem with tables in a frame with word 2002/3
Once the table has been insterted in a frame when I try to format with
styles the first cells in the first column the whole line jumps out of the
frame.

The second column reacts normally to the formatting

Is there a way for me to fomat this cell?

Am I doing something wrong.

I need to put the table in a frame I have to do some forms and I need to put
2 or more tables side by side.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Flavio Flavio is offline

Thank you Stefan

I did what you suggested but the first cell still jumps out of the frame.

I am using the forms toolbox. I need to be able to put fields in my cells.

using the text frame greys iut the forms toolbar.

"Flavio" wrote in message
I am having a strange problem with tables in a frame with word 2002/3
Once the table has been insterted in a frame when I try to format with
styles the first cells in the first column the whole line jumps out of the
frame.

The second column reacts normally to the formatting

Is there a way for me to fomat this cell?

Am I doing something wrong.

I need to put the table in a frame I have to do some forms and I need to
put
2 or more tables side by side.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Flavio Flavio is offline

Thank you for you advice Pam

But I need to put separate tables side by side.
I have many forms to create and I want to create a master document with
different libray like parts so that the team I am working with can cut and
paste standard blocks into differnt forms.

Flavio

Flavio wrote:
I am having a strange problem with tables in a frame with word 2002/3
Once the table has been insterted in a frame when I try to format with
styles the first cells in the first column the whole line jumps out of the
frame.

The second column reacts normally to the formatting

Is there a way for me to fomat this cell?

Am I doing something wrong.

I need to put the table in a frame I have to do some forms and I need to put
2 or more tables side by side.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

You could produce side-by-side tables by creating a two-cell, one-row table
and placing a (sub)table in each cell. Sorry, the earlier message was
garbled. There are other methods, but I think the tables within a table
might be the most stable.

Pam

Flavio wrote:
Thank you for you advice Pam

But I need to put separate tables side by side.
I have many forms to create and I want to create a master document with
different libray like parts so that the team I am working with can cut and
paste standard blocks into differnt forms.

Flavio

You might have better luck by putting each _table into_ a separate cell of a
larger, unbordered table.

[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
I need to put the table in a frame I have to do some forms and I need to put
2 or more tables side by side.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Another possibility would be to drag one of the tables (using the mouse) to
position it in the desired location. Recent versions of Word support
wrapping text around tables.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Flavio wrote:
Thank you for you advice Pam

But I need to put separate tables side by side.
I have many forms to create and I want to create a master document with
different libray like parts so that the team I am working with can cut and
paste standard blocks into differnt forms.

Flavio

You might have better luck by putting each _table into_ a separate cell
of a
larger, unbordered table.

[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
I need to put the table in a frame I have to do some forms and I need
to put
2 or more tables side by side.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

I finally remembered Word's term for this: nested tables.

See here

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...892411033.aspx

Pam