Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Karen Karen is offline

Default text in a table misbehaving

I'm editing a table in Word.
One of the rows in the table behaves oddly, and I haven't been able to
determine why:
if the text in this row DOES NOT have to wrap within its cell (go to a
second line), it is regular weight. If the text has to wrap or a 'return' is
used to go to a second line, the text becomes bold (but doesn't print bold).
However, the last line in any cell in this row that wraps (or has a 'return')
is still normal weight.
I've tried crtl-shft-F9 to convert to text, thinking it was a field - no use
I've tried to find how this text is formatted differently, but nothing
appears amiss.
I've tried to find properties of the table that are unusual, but have not.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I'm not sure what has happened, but you may want to try the following:
Select the relevant cells. Right-click and choose Table Properties from the
context menu. On the Cell tab, click Options. Select "Wrap text" and clear
"Fit text." Click OK twice.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Karen" wrote in message
I'm editing a table in Word.
One of the rows in the table behaves oddly, and I haven't been able to
determine why:
if the text in this row DOES NOT have to wrap within its cell (go to a
second line), it is regular weight. If the text has to wrap or a 'return'
is
used to go to a second line, the text becomes bold (but doesn't print
bold).
However, the last line in any cell in this row that wraps (or has a
'return')
is still normal weight.
I've tried crtl-shft-F9 to convert to text, thinking it was a field - no
use
I've tried to find how this text is formatted differently, but nothing
appears amiss.
I've tried to find properties of the table that are unusual, but have not.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Karen Karen is offline

yeah, tried that - no go.

this behaviour is not preventing the document from printing properly, it's
just ANNOYING.

"Karen" wrote in message
I'm editing a table in Word.
One of the rows in the table behaves oddly, and I haven't been able to
determine why:
if the text in this row DOES NOT have to wrap within its cell (go to a
second line), it is regular weight. If the text has to wrap or a 'return'
is
used to go to a second line, the text becomes bold (but doesn't print
bold).
However, the last line in any cell in this row that wraps (or has a
'return')
is still normal weight.
I've tried crtl-shft-F9 to convert to text, thinking it was a field - no
use
I've tried to find how this text is formatted differently, but nothing
appears amiss.
I've tried to find properties of the table that are unusual, but have not.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I'd try converting the table to text, and then convert it back to a table.
This *might* be a case of table corruption.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Karen Karen is offline

converting to text & back to table didn't work - text still looks heavy if
the contents of each cell in the row goes beyond 2 lines, w/ last line normal
weight. WIERD.
At this point I'm just reallyl curious as to what's going on - as I
mentioned, this behaviour isn't affecting how the table prints, it's just
bothersome.

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I'd be interested in taking a look at this document if you want to send it
to my email.

http://word.mvps.org

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
LoriM LoriM is offline

Has anyone found a solution for this issue?

Even though the document prints properly, we don't look good telling the
client it's okay" and to just ignore it

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

My offer still stands. The last email you sent to me had no document
attached, and I replied to your email twice asking for the document but have
never received it.

http://word.mvps.org