Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sararonitleah sararonitleah is offline

Default Changing my language (toggle English/Hebrew) activates italics?!

When I toggle between Hebrew and English (using alt+shift) while typing in a
Word 2007 document, italics are automatically activated. How do I turn this
off? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Hi,

This can happen if you have Italics configured for the English font and not
for the Hebrew font or vice versa in the font formatting. Check the font
formatting in a paragraph where this is happening, and check the font
formatting of the style that is applied to that paragraph. If this is
happening in the first paragraph of a new doc, remove the Italic formatting
from the font configured for Italics in the Normal style.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"sararonitleah" wrote:

When I toggle between Hebrew and English (using alt+shift) while typing in a
Word 2007 document, italics are automatically activated. How do I turn this
off? Thanks!

elyas_cheetah elyas_cheetah is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sararonitleah View Post
When I toggle between Hebrew and English (using alt+shift) while typing in a
Word 2007 document, italics are automatically activated. How do I turn this
off? Thanks!
1- press ctrl+D
2- in the "font" tab, in the "Complex script" box, "Font style", select "Regular"
3- in the "font" tab, in the "Latin text" box, "Font style", select "Regular"
4- press ok and enjoy (el2a)
Ultimer Ultimer is offline
Junior Member

Oh, I managed to solve a similar problem, thanks! After I started taking English courses and working with a tutor from https://livexp.com/online-tutors/conversational-english , I've been doing a lot of homework, and I struggled with the same issue because I had to switch between languages a lot, English is not my first language.