Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Martin Hafner Martin Hafner is offline

Default Address prints as if highlighted

I have to print a file of letters someone used Mailmerge. When open the
file, the addresses are highlighted in purple and some personalized info in
the body of the letters. If I print in black and white, each letter is
printed with that highlight in grey. How can I remove the highlighted items,
but retain the data? I need them to print clear and without the grey
highlighted items.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is difficult to advise without knowing how the highlight ws created. The
most likely culprits are highlight and text shading and the following macro
should clear those before printing. If you need to retain the colouring for
later, don't save the file after printing.

Sub NoHiLight()
With ActiveDocument.Range
.Font.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = _
wdColorAutomatic
.HighlightColorIndex = wdNoHighlight
End With
End Sub

Martin Hafner wrote:
I have to print a file of letters someone used Mailmerge. When open
the file, the addresses are highlighted in purple and some
personalized info in the body of the letters. If I print in black
and white, each letter is printed with that highlight in grey. How
can I remove the highlighted items, but retain the data? I need
them to print clear and without the grey highlighted items.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Try this:
a. if the Mailmerge toolbar is not visible, enable it, e.g. using
View-Toolbars
b. click the "Highlight Merge Fields" button in the middle of the toolbar

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv

On 18/10/2009 13:31, Martin Hafner wrote:
I have to print a file of letters someone used Mailmerge. When open the
file, the addresses are highlighted in purple and some personalized info in
the body of the letters. If I print in black and white, each letter is
printed with that highlight in grey. How can I remove the highlighted items,
but retain the data? I need them to print clear and without the grey
highlighted items.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Queue Queue is offline

I'm having this same problem. I've highlighted the entire document white (to
remove any residual highlighting that may be there) but to no avail. It seems
as though Word is simply keeping the fields highlighted in the way it does
for review whilst printing them.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Try this:
a. if the Mailmerge toolbar is not visible, enable it, e.g. using
View-Toolbars
b. click the "Highlight Merge Fields" button in the middle of the toolbar

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv

On 18/10/2009 13:31, Martin Hafner wrote:
I have to print a file of letters someone used Mailmerge. When open the
file, the addresses are highlighted in purple and some personalized info in
the body of the letters. If I print in black and white, each letter is
printed with that highlight in grey. How can I remove the highlighted items,
but retain the data? I need them to print clear and without the grey
highlighted items.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

for review whilst printing them.

Are you talking about Merge preview, or about the facilities for marking
up document modifications?

If you mean the latter, I can imagine that causing a problem - that
said, Word gets it right in the very simple scenarios I've looked at so
far on Word 2007.

If you can post a set of reproducible steps it would at least make it
possible to have a look.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk