Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mj_bowen[_3_] mj_bowen[_3_] is offline

Default Auto fit table to text

I have a mail merge document in word which produces different mergefields, eg;

"34" or "4578" or "eight thousand four hundred and sixty two"

I would like to know how to set up a table or possibly a text box so that
the table or text box fits to the size of the mergefield.

I have looked through the help sections on this site but have come up stuck!

yours hopefully,

Matthew