Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
John Brooks John Brooks is offline

Default Strange symbols in mail merge

When I mailmerge from an outlook contact list into a set of labels, some,
but not all, carriage returns in the "Street" section of the outlook contact
appear when merged into the labels as square symbols and the text is
continuous. Like so:-
Main Road
Any village

Appears as Main Road[]Any village

The actual symbol is NOT two square brackets but an actual square.

Any ideas how t correct this please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I will have a look at this, but
a. Which version(s) of Outlook/Word are you using? (can you also tell
us which service packs, if any)? Also, have you recently upgraded from
an older version of Office?
b. it sounds as if you are "initiating the merge from Outlook", i.e.
using Outlook Tools-Mal Merge... Is that correct? (The other way is to
"initiate from Word" and select a Contacts folder from there)

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk