Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Penstemon Penstemon is offline

Default How to write a formula to add numbers from separate pages (Word)

I'd like to use quick Parts fields to write a formula that adds subtotals
from 4 different pages. I tried bookmarking each of the numbers but got a
syntax error.
Here's what I tried:
=SUM([sum1a]+[sum1b]+[sum1b]+[sum1c]+[sum1d])
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Penstemon,

At its simplest all you need is a formula field expressed as:
{=BkMk1+BkMk2+BkMk3+BkMk4}
where BkMk# is a value's bookmark name.

Note: The field brace pairs (ie '{ }') for the above example are created via Ctrl-F9 - you can't simply type them or copy & paste
them from this message.

--
Cheers
macropod