Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
marcia marcia is offline

Default scanned document want to email can't find it where to go?

I'm not that educated in how to scan documents from home printer to word
document. Followed directions given and did exactly, but now cannot find the
document in Microsoft Word 2003. Did I do something wrong...responses read
don't help me find it. I need to pull it up and email to someone else.
Suggestions
Marcia
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If your scanner software has the capability of interfacing with Word, and
you use Insert Picture From Scanner or Camera, the first page of the
document will be inserted into your Word document as an object. Otherwise
the scanner will create a file - probably in the My Pictures folder, but you
would need to check that from the scanner software - which you can insert
into the document.

Documents scanned to Word are graphics. If you wish to edit the scanned
document, you need OCR software. There may have been something suitable
packaged with the scanner or you could re-run Office setup and install the
Microsoft Office Document Imaging application.