Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
D Harlow D Harlow is offline

Default Field Code Missing for Linked Pictures in Word 2007

What happened to the INCLUDEPICTURE field in word 2007? I need to know the
filename and path of the linked picture. If I save as a word 2003 doc I see
the field code but that's not a good solution for me.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 06:48:01 -0800, D Harlow
wrote:

What happened to the INCLUDEPICTURE field in word 2007? I need to know the
filename and path of the linked picture. If I save as a word 2003 doc I see
the field code but that's not a good solution for me.

Without explanation, this was changed; it may be related to the way
links are represented in the XML-based Office 2007 file format, but
I'm not sure.

You can see and change the links by going to Office button Prepare
Edit Links to Files. However, the dialog just lists all the links in
the document; there is no way to be sure which link corresponds to
which picture.

If you just want to see the path and filename of a specific picture,
install this macro in your Normal.dotm template (see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if needed) and add a button
to the Quick Access Toolbar for it. Click on the picture to select it,
and click the macro's button to get a message box containing the path
and filename.

Sub DisplayLink()
With Selection
If .InlineShapes.Count Then
With .InlineShapes(1)
If Not .LinkFormat Is Nothing Then
MsgBox .LinkFormat.SourceFullName
End If
End With
ElseIf .ShapeRange.Count Then
With .ShapeRange(1)
If Not .LinkFormat Is Nothing Then
MsgBox .LinkFormat.SourceFullName
End If
End With
End If
End With
End Sub

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Miles Miles is offline

There's a bug in Word 2007 which automatically converts some, but not all,
INCLUDEPICTURE fields into Shape-like objects. Microsoft support have
acknowledged that this is a bug and have promised to fix it in SP3. As you
point out, the bug is limited to 2007.

"D Harlow" wrote:

What happened to the INCLUDEPICTURE field in word 2007? I need to know the
filename and path of the linked picture. If I save as a word 2003 doc I see
the field code but that's not a good solution for me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Word 2007 sp3? Really?

--