Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
melissa h melissa h is offline

Default Reverse TOC list, so the most recent content appears @ top of TOC

I am trying to change my Table of Contents (TOC) so that the Heading on the
first page appears last on the TOC & the Heading on the last page appears at
the top on the TOC. (For a better understanding, it's a journal document &
i'm wanting the latest blog at the bottom of the page to appear first in the
TOC & the oldest blog to appear last in the TOC). Is there a TOC field code
to do this, or some other way? (Min, max, num, date..?) I'm using Word 2002.

Eg.
Monday 4 Jan 2010____Page 3
Sunday 3 Jan 2010____Page 2
Saturday 2 Jan 2010___Page 1
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

There's no way to do this with a built-in TOC, and it would be more trouble
than it's worth, I think, to try to force it to behave that way. Instead,
construct your own custom TOC by bookmarking each date/title (if you have
applied one of the built-in heading styles, it will be bookmarked
automatically). Then create your TOC using cross-references to the
bookmarks, one for the bookmark content (the date or title) and one for the
page number. Add a new line to your TOC each time you add to the journal.
From time to time, select the entire list and F9 to update the page