Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tiffany McKerahan Tiffany McKerahan is offline

Default Aligning multiple tables in Word 07

Hi, I have three tables of varying sizes that I'd like to neatly align
so that they look like three columns on the page. I tried Word's
column function but that wreaked havoc on the tables. I've also
tweaked the tables' alignment, wrapping and positioning settings but
can't get it quite right. Is there any way to apply the Distribute
Horizontally function for images to tables? If not, is there a good
way to tweak the settings to get the same result?

Thanks!
Tiffany
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Exactly how do you want to align the tables, or what features of them do you
want to align?

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Tiffany McKerahan" wrote in message
Hi, I have three tables of varying sizes that I'd like to neatly align
so that they look like three columns on the page. I tried Word's
column function but that wreaked havoc on the tables. I've also
tweaked the tables' alignment, wrapping and positioning settings but
can't get it quite right. Is there any way to apply the Distribute
Horizontally function for images to tables? If not, is there a good
way to tweak the settings to get the same result?

Thanks!
Tiffany

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

I generally avoid nested tables, but they may be the least-work option for
you. Make a three-column, one-row table. Put one of your tables into each
cell.

Pam

Tiffany McKerahan wrote:
Hi, I have three tables of varying sizes that I'd like to neatly align
so that they look like three columns on the page. I tried Word's
column function but that wreaked havoc on the tables. I've also
tweaked the tables' alignment, wrapping and positioning settings but
can't get it quite right. Is there any way to apply the Distribute
Horizontally function for images to tables? If not, is there a good
way to tweak the settings to get the same result?

Thanks!
Tiffany

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tiffany McKerahan Tiffany McKerahan is offline

Ah, perfect! Thanks Pam!

Tiffany McKerahan wrote:
Hi, I have three tables of varying sizes that I'd like to neatly align
so that they look like three columns on the page. *I tried Word's
column function but that wreaked havoc on the tables. *I've also
tweaked the tables' alignment, wrapping and positioning settings but
can't get it quite right. *Is there any way to apply the Distribute
Horizontally function for images to tables? *If not, is there a good
way to tweak the settings to get the same result?

Thanks!
Tiffany

Aligning borders with multiple tables in a single document Craig Tables 3 May 4th 23 02:49 AM
Aligning adjacent cells in Tables DerekB Tables 2 April 28th 07 08:31 AM
Aligning decimal figures in Word tables c.hjort Tables 2 November 3rd 06 10:58 AM
Aligning text in tables Paul Tables 2 November 4th 05 04:13 PM
Aligning text in tables Mikey Tables 5 April 22nd 05 06:43 PM