Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Margarita Margarita is offline

Default Numering table lines

Here's my conundrum:

Created a table with three columns and need to number the lines. BUT, I need
to put numbers OUTSIDE the rows and can't do it. I've got Word 2008 version
12.2.3.

Apparently, one can do this in earlier versions of Word.

Any ideas of how I could do this?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Actual line numbers cannot be applied to text lines within a table (at least
this is true for Word for Windows). What you can do is apply number
formatting to the leftmost column of the table and remove the border; this
creates the appearance of line numbering, assuming of course that each cell
contains a single line of text.

Just in case, you may want to ask your question in a MacWord newsgroup (such
as microsoft.public.mac.office.word) as well.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP