Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Joshnumber1 Joshnumber1 is offline

Default Copy written text into typed document

A scanner which transfers written documents into typed at the touch of a
button. Not sure if this software is available but if it's just an idea that
could save lots of time in people's lifes!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It's called OCR, optical character recognition, and has been available for
quite a while. Some algorithms even work with script. The quality/accuracy
varies quite a bit, and nothing I've ever used has been worth the extra
proofing it takes to remove the errors.

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com