Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jbclem jbclem is offline

Default turning off spelling check

I have some documents that are full of jargon and I'd like to turn off the
spell check and the red zigzag lines that are shown under every word that
the spell check doesn't recognize. I'm using Word 2002. Is there an easy
way to turn the spell check off and on, or even to just turn the red zigzag
off and on?

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jbclem jbclem is offline

I found the solution...it wasn't very intuitive as I had to uncheck "check
spelling as you type" and "check grammar as you type"...and I wasn't typing
anything when the spell check underlined every other word in this document.
But that fixed the problem.

"jbclem" wrote in message
I have some documents that are full of jargon and I'd like to turn off the
spell check and the red zigzag lines that are shown under every word that
the spell check doesn't recognize. I'm using Word 2002. Is there an easy
way to turn the spell check off and on, or even to just turn the red

zigzag
off and on?

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

But if you type an incorrect word, Word would underline it with a red
squiggle. If you failed to correct it, the red squiggle remained. That is
the obvious way for it to work as most users prefer to type the document and
do the corrections afterwards. If the squiggles disappeared, they'd be lost.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP