Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
cheriberi[_2_] cheriberi[_2_] is offline

Default Having trouble copying toolbar using Organizer

I am trying to copy a toolbar from one template to another using
Organizer. Usually it works, but sometimes it won't and I have no idea
why. I tried copying the toolbar to the Normal template and then
copying it to the new template, but that won't work either.

Does anyone know why this won't work and how I can resolve it?

Thanks!

Cheryl
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Are you getting an error message? Or, are you going through the motions, but
then the toolbar doesn't show up on the receiving template? Something else?

If it's not showing up on [what you believe to be] the receiving template,
it's possible that you have multiple copies of Normal.dot, and you are
copying to the wrong one. It's also possible that Normal.dot is corrupted.

Also... what version of Word are you using?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"cheriberi" wrote in message
I am trying to copy a toolbar from one template to another using
Organizer. Usually it works, but sometimes it won't and I have no idea
why. I tried copying the toolbar to the Normal template and then
copying it to the new template, but that won't work either.

Does anyone know why this won't work and how I can resolve it?

Thanks!

Cheryl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
cheriberi[_2_] cheriberi[_2_] is offline

I am using Word 2002. I was able to copy toolbars from one template to
another using Organizer, but now I am having trouble copying into some
templates. When I click on the Copy button, nothing happens. No error,
just nothing copying over. I am very confused.

Cheryl
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It's been a while since I've used Word 2002. Whenever things don't work
correctly, however, a corrupted normal.dot often is a good guess about why.
I would try renaming normal.dot, letting Word create a new normal.dot, and
then trying again, to see if the identical steps now work. If they do, then
corruption is probably the answer... and a new normal.dot is the solution.