Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ted Kennedy Ted Kennedy is offline

Default Spell Checker Problem

This is a weird one. I am a researcher and use a dual monitor setup.
On one monitor is my research source and on the other is the word doc
I am composing. I start writing the doc and the spell and grammer
check works fine. When I go over to the source doc and copy a phrase
or sentence so I don't have to type it, the spell check stops for the
remainder of the entire doc. I check all the settings and they are
correct. This is causing me tons of time as I must now manually check
everyhting. When I start a new doc, everything returns to normal.
Anyone have any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Probably the text you're copying is bringing with it either a
different language format or a "do not check spelling" setting (which
is also in the Set Language dialog).

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm for
troubleshooting steps.

--