Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stuart Stuart is offline

Default Drop down menus from 2003 unaccessable for change in 2007

I have a contract document that I made in Word 2003 that contains several
drop down menu for the selection of various interest rates and time
schedules. When I opened the document in 2007 it did 2 things first is
converted and saved over the 2003 format so I no longer have access to it and
second I am now unable to unlock the document so that I can change features
in some of the drop down menus. When I try to change things using the
developer tab only a few elements are accessable under the various groups.
In the control group only the Legacy tools is accessable. Is there a way to
unlock this docment to allow me to change the drop down menus?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

On the Developer tab, click Protect Document; Word displays the Restrict
Formatting and Editing pane. To turn off document protection, click the Stop
Protection button.

On the other hand, if you are referring to custom menu items and toolbars
created in Word 2003, note that these aren't editable in Word 2007.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP