Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Panic[_2_] Panic[_2_] is offline

Default read only attribute

I have an index.html file I manage a web site with that I have edited using
Word 2007 many times. Now, however, when I open it, change something and
try to save it, it advises the file is read only and can't be saved with the
same name???? I note the filename at the top of Word shows read only. If I
locate that file in Explore, right click it and choose properties the "read
only" attribute is not checked.

I have opened Word 2007, gone to that file, right clicked it as it says in
Help, chose Properties but I can't figure out what to do to change it.
Under the Security tab there is shows "authenticated users" as the group or
user name; and under Permissions for Authenticated Users is shows full
control as checked.

The index.html file for a different web site I manage opens fine with Word
and "read only" is not it the filename at the top.

Any ideas?