Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] faceman28208@yahoo.com is offline

Default Right Aligned TOC Numbers

In my document, I have the numbered headings set up to use right
aligned numbers.

How do I do the same for the TOC?

When I create the TOC, the numbers are always flush left.

Do I have to type a tab before the number and at a right aligned/
number aligned tab AFTER I create the TOC? Or is there a way to create
the TOC correctly to being with?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Unfortunately, what you are trying to accomplish is not possible.

As you have noticed, you can modify the TOC after it has been created, but
the changes will be lost the next time you update the TOC.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
In my document, I have the numbered headings set up to use right
aligned numbers.

How do I do the same for the TOC?

When I create the TOC, the numbers are always flush left.

Do I have to type a tab before the number and at a right aligned/
number aligned tab AFTER I create the TOC? Or is there a way to create
the TOC correctly to being with?

Can only numbers be aligned (column)even if parentheses are used? jen Tables 5 April 23rd 09 12:58 AM
Labels not aligned when printing Linda Mailmerge 0 April 15th 08 05:48 PM
Text not aligned Dee Tables 1 February 3rd 06 05:47 PM
Left aligned numbers in Word TOC David Shennan Microsoft Word Help 2 December 17th 04 02:47 PM
TOC Right aligned numbers problem Margaret Aldis Formatting Long Documents 0 November 25th 04 07:44 PM