Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ben ben is offline

Default slanted text boxes

Hello,

I wanted to put the word's "Postponed" in a textbox and then stick the
box on an angle across an event in a newsletter. Is this possible to do
in MS Word (2007)? What would you recommend I do?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 20:20:56 -0500, Ben wrote:

Hello,

I wanted to put the word's "Postponed" in a textbox and then stick the
box on an angle across an event in a newsletter. Is this possible to do
in MS Word (2007)? What would you recommend I do?

Thanks.

It is not possible with a text box. You can turn the text in a text
box by 90 degrees left or right with the Text Direction button, but
that's all.

Use WordArt, or convert the text to a graphic (see
http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm), or create the rotated text in
PowerPoint and copy it into Word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Since this is comparable to a watermark, WordArt is the feature of choice
for this application.

http://word.mvps.org

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 20:20:56 -0500, Ben wrote:

Hello,

I wanted to put the word's "Postponed" in a textbox and then stick the
box on an angle across an event in a newsletter. Is this possible to do
in MS Word (2007)? What would you recommend I do?

Thanks.

It is not possible with a text box. You can turn the text in a text
box by 90 degrees left or right with the Text Direction button, but
that's all.

Use WordArt, or convert the text to a graphic (see
http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm), or create the rotated text in
PowerPoint and copy it into Word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ben ben is offline

On 2/3/2010 9:10 PM, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Since this is comparable to a watermark, WordArt is the feature of
choice for this application.

Actually, I found a simple way to do it (Word 2007):
1. Create the text box with what ever text you want in it.
2. Copy the text box (Ctrl-C) and do a special paste (Ctrl-Alt-v)
selecting "Picture (Windows Metafile)"
3. Drag the rotate handle on top of the box (funny line sticking up from
the box) to put the image at any angle you want.

Regards,
Ben
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ben ben is offline

On 3/6/2010 11:02 PM, Ben wrote:
Actually, I found a simple way to do it (Word 2007):
1. Create the text box with what ever text you want in it.
2. Copy the text box (Ctrl-C) and do a special paste (Ctrl-Alt-v)
selecting "Picture (Windows Metafile)"
3. Drag the rotate handle on top of the box (funny line sticking up from
the box) to put the image at any angle you want.

Hey and I just realized that the link in Jay's reply has a similar
solution. Thank you very much all.