Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
plkldf plkldf is offline

Default How do I get Word 2007 to single space when I hit the enter key?

How do I get Word 2007 to single space when I hit the enter key? It's
double-spacing...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Create a new, blank document. In the Paragraph dialog box, set Spacing
Before and After to zero, and then click the Default button. If/when you are
prompted to save the Normal template, choose to do so.

To open the Paragraph dialog box, you can click the dialog launcher button
(the arrow on the bottom right) of the Paragraph group on the Home tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"plkldf" wrote in message
How do I get Word 2007 to single space when I hit the enter key? It's
double-spacing...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Use the Word 2003 style set - Home tab Change Styles Style set.

"plkldf" wrote in message
How do I get Word 2007 to single space when I hit the enter key? It's
double-spacing...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Paul Kilduff Paul Kilduff is offline

Thanks, Stefan and Graham! Two good tips! Major irritant removed! :-)

Graham Mayor wrote:

Use the Word 2003 style set - Home tab Change Styles Style set.
10-Feb-10

Use the Word 2003 style set - Home tab Change Styles Style set.

Create Hidden SharePoint List for Site Owners
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...harepoint.aspx
birderbea birderbea is offline
Junior Member

Tried this. Still getting double space when I hit the Return key. Bea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post