Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Hibbs[_2_] Peter Hibbs[_2_] is offline

Default Mail Merge Switch Format for Currency

I am using Access 2003 and Word 2003.

I have a mail merge document linked to a table in an Access database.
Some Currency type fields in the database are displayed in the Word
doc but I am trying to get the format just right. Here is the switch
code I am using :-

{ MERGEFIELD "BuildingInsured" \# £#,##0.00 }

This is fine for a figure like £123,456.78 BUT for a figure of say 0
it displays as £ 0.00 instead of £0.00

The # characters seem to be showing as spaces. Is there any way to
tidy this up to show the currency symbol next to the highest digit?

Peter Hibbs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rich/rerat Rich/rerat is offline

Peter Hibbs,

From G. Mayor site:
Formatting Word Fields:

{ MERGEFIELD "BuildingInsured" \# "£,0.00;(£,0.00 ) }"

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

"Peter Hibbs" wrote in message
I am using Access 2003 and Word 2003.

I have a mail merge document linked to a table in an Access database.
Some Currency type fields in the database are displayed in the Word
doc but I am trying to get the format just right. Here is the switch
code I am using :-

{ MERGEFIELD "BuildingInsured" \# £#,##0.00 }

This is fine for a figure like £123,456.78 BUT for a figure of say 0
it displays as £ 0.00 instead of £0.00

The # characters seem to be showing as spaces. Is there any way to
tidy this up to show the currency symbol next to the highest digit?

Peter Hibbs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Hibbs[_2_] Peter Hibbs[_2_] is offline

Rich,

Thanks very much, that works perfectly (once I moved the last quotes
inside the brackets). The Web site has been bookmarked for future
reference.

Thanks again.

Peter Hibbs.

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 14:41:54 -0500, "Rich/rerat"
wrote:

Peter Hibbs,

From G. Mayor site: