Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
falcios falcios is offline

Default Gridlines shift when adding data

Word 2002
I have an existing table and I inserted text into the table and it moved the
gridlines past the new data. I wasn't able to format the table to place
borders around all data. Is there a way when inserting the data the each
entry has it's own separate line.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

From your description it is difficult to image the problem. What, for
example, does "it moved the gridlines past the new data" mean?
If you want to add a new row to a table, tab out of the last cell and you
should have a new row with similar format to the one above.

"falcios" wrote in message
Word 2002
I have an existing table and I inserted text into the table and it moved
the
gridlines past the new data. I wasn't able to format the table to place
borders around all data. Is there a way when inserting the data the each
entry has it's own separate line.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Graham,

I suspect the OP means the cell is resizing to accommodate the text.

As for "Is there a way when inserting the data the each entry has it's own separate line.", I agree with the thrust of your answer -
put each entry into a separate cell.

--
Cheers
macropod

From your description it is difficult to image the problem. What, for example, does "it moved the gridlines past the new data"

"falcios" wrote in message ...
Word 2002
I have an existing table and I inserted text into the table and it moved the
gridlines past the new data. I wasn't able to format the table to place
borders around all data. Is there a way when inserting the data the each
entry has it's own separate line.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I was hoping someone else would do better than I at interpreting this, but
my gut feeling is that he is pasting in rows and they're becoming nested in
a single cell. I have often had that problem; if the Paste Options button is
enabled, it should be possible to select a Paste method that would have the
desired result.

http://word.mvps.org

"macropod" wrote in message
Hi Graham,

I suspect the OP means the cell is resizing to accommodate the text.

As for "Is there a way when inserting the data the each entry has it's own
separate line.", I agree with the thrust of your answer - put each entry
into a separate cell.

--
Cheers
macropod