Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
AndrewDB AndrewDB is offline

Default WHO MOVED THE GRAPHICS?

Hi All. I am trying to merge a document that contains graphic images. The
merge itself with the Access data is no problem. When I open the messages in
Outlook the graphics have moved to different locations on the document
resulting in no correlation between the text and the images. Please help
urgently.
--
Kepior Senso Fumor
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you are trying to merge to the body of e-mail documents, it is no
surprise that the layout has changed. The formatting requirements for Word
documents and html e-mail are entirely different. If you want the format to
stay the same you should send the merge documents as attachments (ideally in
PDF format) - see http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm and
http://www.gmayor.com/EmailMergeWithAttachments.htm or see the article
prepared by fellow MVP Doug Robbins at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

"AndrewDB" wrote in message
Hi All. I am trying to merge a document that contains graphic images. The
merge itself with the Access data is no problem. When I open the messages
in
Outlook the graphics have moved to different locations on the document
resulting in no correlation between the text and the images. Please help
urgently.
--
Kepior Senso Fumor

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
AndrewDB AndrewDB is offline

Hi Graham. Thanks for your response. Anybody know of any way around this? I
specifically do not want to send attachments.
--
Kepior Senso Fumor

"AndrewDB" wrote in message
Hi All. I am trying to merge a document that contains graphic images. The
merge itself with the Access data is no problem. When I open the messages
in
Outlook the graphics have moved to different locations on the document
resulting in no correlation between the text and the images. Please help
urgently.
--
Kepior Senso Fumor

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Then you will have to create your document in html from the outset and use
tables to layout your document. Working in Word, the web view may provide
some clue as to what is required.

"AndrewDB" wrote in message
Hi All. I am trying to merge a document that contains graphic images.
The
merge itself with the Access data is no problem. When I open the
messages
in
Outlook the graphics have moved to different locations on the document
resulting in no correlation between the text and the images. Please
help
urgently.
--
Kepior Senso Fumor

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
AndrewDB AndrewDB is offline

Hi Graham. I have solved this by saving the word document as a jpeg image and
inserting the image into the mail merge document. Tested this and it worked
great. Great pity that Word is used as the default Outlook editor but cannot
interface correctly as far as this goes.
Thanks for your imput.

Best regards
Andrew
--
Kepior Senso Fumor

Page moved Chilly Cheex Page Layout 2 December 9th 08 02:06 PM
graphics are flipped or moved when opened in Word 2003 Donna Microsoft Word Help 1 February 16th 06 05:36 PM
graphics moved outside margins David Viewing Page Layout 3 December 16th 04 05:04 PM
Word2000: how lock graphics so they can't be moved or deleted? jeffjensen Microsoft Word Help 3 December 9th 04 01:58 AM
Word2000: how lock graphics so they can't be moved or deleted? jeff_jensen Page Layout 1 December 9th 04 01:52 AM