Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Carl_B[_2_] Carl_B[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 Online Forms

I am creating a collection of forms to be filled in by technicians in a small
call center. The forms will be stored in a SharePoint 2007 library.
I need a means to be able to have the techs clear the form after using it,
without unprotecting and using the Reset Fields commands in the Legacy Forms
group of commands.
A macro possibly saved in Normal.dotm, and a button on the QAT seems a
possible solution, but I do not know how to do a macro to perform this task
for several differently named forms.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Carl
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

The form should be a template. The users then open a new document (form)
from the template and fill it out. When they want another form, they open it
from the template again. That's what templates are for: you don't have to
unprotect and clear a used form to reuse it. If you create a Work Group
folder for the templates and then point each users' File Location, Workgroup
template setting to that folder, they will see all the templates in their
File | New dialog. Alternatively, they could have desktop shortcuts pointing
to the Workgroup templates (the default action of double-clicking a shortcut
to a template is to open a new document based on the template).

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Carl_B" wrote in message
I am creating a collection of forms to be filled in by technicians in a
small
call center. The forms will be stored in a SharePoint 2007 library.
I need a means to be able to have the techs clear the form after using it,
without unprotecting and using the Reset Fields commands in the Legacy
Forms
group of commands.
A macro possibly saved in Normal.dotm, and a button on the QAT seems a
possible solution, but I do not know how to do a macro to perform this
task
for several differently named forms.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Carl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Carl_B[_2_] Carl_B[_2_] is offline

Thank you for the response. While the use of a template will certainly
protect the document from permanent change, the techs using the form need to
be able to get to a cleared form in a manner much quicker than saving,
closing and then opening another form (they are under time constraints, and
the forms are quite large and compex).
I still require a macro that will work resetting the fields in a variety of
forms.

"Carl_B" wrote in message
I am creating a collection of forms to be filled in by technicians in a
small
call center. The forms will be stored in a SharePoint 2007 library.
I need a means to be able to have the techs clear the form after using it,
without unprotecting and using the Reset Fields commands in the Legacy
Forms
group of commands.
A macro possibly saved in Normal.dotm, and a button on the QAT seems a
possible solution, but I do not know how to do a macro to perform this
task
for several differently named forms.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Carl

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It is unlikely that any other method that you might come up with would be
any quicker. You could however make the process more automatic by having a
macro on the QAT that used the command

Documents.Add "TemplateName"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Carl_B" wrote in message
I am creating a collection of forms to be filled in by technicians in a
small
call center. The forms will be stored in a SharePoint 2007 library.
I need a means to be able to have the techs clear the form after using
it,
without unprotecting and using the Reset Fields commands in the Legacy
Forms
group of commands.
A macro possibly saved in Normal.dotm, and a button on the QAT seems a
possible solution, but I do not know how to do a macro to perform this
task
for several differently named forms.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Carl

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

There isn't a quicker way: Word is designed to use templates which is
quickest, simplest and reliable. Create a macro that will Save and Close the
current form and Open up a new form from the template. Add the macro to the
QAT.

Terry

online forms MicehlleLeo NZ Tables 0 August 29th 09 12:59 AM
How do I enable forms in Word 2000 to be filled in online? Per_Iscritto Microsoft Word Help 1 August 30th 07 01:38 AM
Online Forms Katiecon Microsoft Word Help 1 December 11th 06 07:12 PM
Editing Online Forms Air Force Paper Pusher Tables 2 May 1st 06 04:25 PM
creating online forms csr1176 New Users 0 April 17th 06 05:32 PM