Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
roystongrange roystongrange is offline

Default remove hyperlinks

I want to remove all the hyperlinks from some copied text. I have seen all
the answers which say to -
Ctrl-A
Ctrl-shift-F9
I tried it but can't get it to work. Ctrl-A selects all the text, but the
Ctrl-shift-F9 does nothing. I've checked and my keyboard has the function
keys switched on as function keys! It just leaves the text highlighted, then
when unhighlighted, hovering over the hyperlinks still produces a link.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Ctrl+Shift+F9 will unlink the hyperlink so that it no longer works. To
complete the transformation, you can reformat the font in the hyperlink so
that it is the same as the rest of the text.

Or, if you want to delete all trace of them, you can run a macro containing
the following code:

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = .Hyperlinks.Count To 1 Step -1
.Hyperlinks(i).Delete
Next i
End With

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"roystongrange" wrote in message
I want to remove all the hyperlinks from some copied text. I have seen all
the answers which say to -
Ctrl-A
Ctrl-shift-F9
I tried it but can't get it to work. Ctrl-A selects all the text, but the
Ctrl-shift-F9 does nothing. I've checked and my keyboard has the function
keys switched on as function keys! It just leaves the text highlighted,
then
when unhighlighted, hovering over the hyperlinks still produces a link.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Russell Brogan Russell Brogan is offline

*If you right click the hyperlink, there is an option that says remove
hyperlink. If

you highlight the document, you should only need to do this once. You can
then

choose a different font style to remove the hyperlinked underlines.

Hope this helped.